Just a thought

NokNod

If Im making beats in 1992, and I work at burger king making 4.25 an hour, while trying to save  at least a grand for a Akai MPC2000XL I probably saved until I got enough for the base model ....stereo output/no effects card, so I would buy the MPC as soon as i could and save up for the 8 IO extension card later, that means If I got studio time, we working with a stereo output,..... tracking 2 channels at a time. That means multiple multiple takes for each drum channel, that also means more attention to detail.   

My conclusion.....limitations force more attention to detail, more creativity, better outcome.

I don't know...just a thought

I agree completely.

Just because you have unlimited tracks doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Just because you have unlimited effects doesn't mean you have to put all of them on every track.

Just because you have unlimited possibilities doesn't mean you have to explore them all.

In fact, limits are a necessary condition for creation to even exist at all.

A carpenter typically has hundreds of tools. On any given job the carpenter may only use no more than a dozen. Of that dozen the carpenter probably uses around 3-5 tools all the time.

The remaining tools are there for the one-off type of encounters the carpenter may run into. And for those tools the carpenter has the knowledge of what, when and why to use them.

Based on that: I'd be good to go if I only knew how to use all my tools.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

A carpenter typically has hundreds of tools. On any given job the carpenter may only use no more than a dozen. Of that dozen the carpenter probably uses around 3-5 tools all the time.

The remaining tools are there for the one-off type of encounters the carpenter may run into. And for those tools the carpenter has the knowledge of what, when and why to use them.

Based on that: I'd be good to go if I only knew how to use all my tools.

Eh hehheh. Hey Beavis, he said tool. Six times. Whoa! Eh heh. Hehheh.

I still have the very first recordings I made. I made them by flip flopping two cassette decks I got at yard sales through a broken Radio Shack mixer my brother was going to throw out and playing/singing along. I just dragged my cassettes out of the basement tonight and was going to transfer some to my DAW as a matter of fact. Kind of depressing to listen to now. LOL.

Edited by Shane_B.