YouTube is off the chain!

Byron Dickens

Thanks for putting the object under discussion where we can see it. 

I suspect that you are being too literal with the term "hate speech" if you defend this as having no words. US law, as opposed to other jurisdictions that do not make a fetish of "free speech," reputedly does not define the term at all. But where it is defined it is typically shorthand for "communication" and could certainly subsume visual elements designed to convey hatred or threat against some group or individual.

YouTube can define it however it wants. It is interesting that they define it specifically as offensive speech against particular classes of people, not as just general ugliness. So if you were to post content calling for the shunning or extermination of subway conductors or people with halitosis you would technically not run afoul of their hate speech policy. You are almost certainly on solid ground with your pictures of natural disasters. . The mere inclusion of an image of *****, can hardly be considered to be promoting ***** activity, and the inclusion of that image with those of wildfires and hurricanes suggest that Nazism is being criticized if anything, as does the image of a war crimes trial. The war scenes (bombers, destruction at Hiroshima etc,) are just war, and not itself hate speech against veterans  (unless you think they are intended to cause the viewer to want to attack Japanese or European whites, or as an attack on military veterans), and the ethnicity and significance of the unburied bodies is not clearly apparent to me. Does the depiction of poor whites in the dust bowl diaspora somehow call for the destruction of their race? 

The Bosch painting, Waco, ugly pope and Jim Jones images suggest that someone took those as antireligious or insufficiently respectful of their religion. Maybe a surviving  Branch Davidian objected to the depiction of David Koresh in the same film as *****.

EDIT: I am unable to use even the name of the leader of the Third Reich or the name of the party he headed in this forum, so it is not just a YouTube issue

Edited by slartabartfast

33 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

I suspect that you are being too literal with the term "hate speech" if you defend this as having no words. US law, as opposed to other jurisdictions that do not make a fetish of "free speech," reputedly does not define the term at all. But where it is defined it is typically shorthand for "communication" and could certainly subsume visual elements designed to convey hatred or threat against some group or individual

No, not really. I am aware of that.

Also galling is that they give no indication of just what part of the video is allegedly "hate speech" and refuse to answer when specifically asked. I am left to guess. So if I guess wrong, change the video and put it back up, that's another strike and I get grounded for a week.  Guess wrong too many times and I loose my channel.

It's insidious and abusive.

Incidentally, nearly everything in that video is either sourced from, or can be found right there on YouTube.

1 hour ago, bdickens said:

Incidentally, nearly everything in that video is either sourced from, or can be found right there on YouTube.

And why pray tell did you not tell the bot just that in your initial appeal contact?

Oh yeah, they would have replied, now you're (possibly/probably) in violation of our copyright infringement standards.

• Haha 1

Just out of curiosity I did a search for every face, by name, in your video on youtube. Pages of results came up with 10's if not 100's of millions of views. It must have been something else or you just caught the 'fill in' staff while everyone else is off for the long weekend.

5 hours ago, slartabartfast said:

EDIT: I am unable to use even the name of the leader of the Third Reich or the name of the party he headed in this forum, so it is not just a YouTube issue

See, that's one of the biggest problems I have with all this zero tolerance candy ***** PC snowflake nonsense. It stamps out rational discourse. How can you even talk about how evil this person was or is or his ideology if you can't even mention the name?

Justice Brandeis wrote: "publicity is justly commended as a remedy for social and industrial diseases. Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman..."

You can't combat something if you sweep it under the rug - if you pretend it doesn't exist.

This, THIS, is why I am opposed to "hate speech" policies, forced "diversity" and other such SJW nonsense. If you want to get rid of it, put it out in the open! Shine a spotlight on it. Let everyone see it for what it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RobertWS said:

Remember boys and girls, you cannot refer to the main bedroom in your home as the 'master' bedroom.

Because that's racist!

I wish this was a joke but it's actually true. I ran across this a while ago. I honestly think this garbage comes about simply by someone sitting at a PC saying, "Ok what ignorant outrageous opposite reality thing can I concoct today to make people click on my link.". Then low and behold some re-todd actually does click on it. It gets passed along and next thing you know it's warped in to something real.

I miss living in the middle of a 4400 acre farm with no internet up in Iowa. I really do.