Synthmaster 2.9 and Synthmaster 1.0 not being recognized

I had Synthmaster 2.9 and Synthmaster one working and when they stopped  I updated the plugIn, but now for the 10 time I'vce run the PlugIn installer they don't show up.  They are showing up in other Sequencers Reason and Reaper, but not in Cakewalk.  Any idea's   Also in Reason Omnisphere won't upgrade higher than the 2.4 version.  But it works perfect in Cakewalk, Any ideas.   Thanks in advance

Maybe the plug-ins are installed in a folder not in the VST scan path.

If the plug-ins are in the VST scan path there may be a problem scanning the plug-ins.

The link above also shows the option to generate a scan log. There should be some information about the plug-in in the log.

If plug-ins in the scan path failed to scan, they may get added to the exclude list. To see the excluded VST instruments,

• open the Plug-in Manager
  • click on "VST Instruments" in Plug-in Categories
  • click on the "Show Excluded" radio button

If the synth is in the exclude list, using the preference screen in the link referenced above,

• temporarily set the scan drop down to Manual Scan
  • enable "Rescan Failed Plugins"
  • click the Scan button
  • after the scan disable "Rescan Failed Plugins" and reset the scan drop down

OK so I used plugIn manager and it is giving me a scanning not responding errorbox.   Cakewalk VST is not scanning both for Pentagon and Synthmaster 1 and 2 .  Synthmaster 1 showed up as a plugIn but was grayed out.  What does this mean.  SMaster works on every other sequencer, except for Cakewalk.

6 hours ago, Leighton Cooper said:

Cakewalk VST is not scanning both for Pentagon and Synthmaster 1 and 2

Could be bad paths in preferences.

Pentagon I is not a VSTi it is  a Dxi plug-in. The scan paths in preferences should only include folders containing VST2/3 plug-ins.

Refer to my first post for the link to the preference help page.

x86 Cakewalk \VST

This looks like a partial 32bit plug-in path. CbB should use 64bit p;lug-ins where possible. 64bit are usually not installed in an "x86" folder.

PI scanner to stop and throw an error message

Sometimes providing an exact recitation of the message or an image of the message is useful. When posting images consider using an image server such as imgur.com s the image does not get resized by the forum.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:55 PM, Leighton Cooper said:

OK I looked into the directories in My x86 Cakewalk \VST it seems that the K3-v Synth is corrupted than it causes the PI scanner to stop and throw an error message.  I does this everytime the PlugIn manager is run.  ? How do I stop this?

Could it be that K3-v has not yet been authorized?  So, the theory would be that when it get queried by the Cakewalk Plugin Manager, it doesn't respond properly to the 'are you there and what are your characteristics' query from the Plugin Manger, and instead is try to tell the world that it has not yet finished the authorization process, and that is resulting in the failure in the Plugin Manager?

I have distant memories of this sort of thing happening in the past, though I cannot recall which plugin(s) that would have done a similar thing.

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone
(Forgot to add my last name at the bottom. DOH!)