HELP: How do I check at which Bit Depth I recorded??

Marcello

Hi guys, I have started recording some songs at 41000  sample rate and 16 bitrate, then I figured out it was too low so the next songs I recorded at 48000 sample rate but then I don't remember at which bitrate, maybe 24 maybe 32, thing is that I did back and forth exporting some old songs recorded at 16, and now in my Preference settings I have 16 by default, but is there a way to check at which bit rate the tracks were recorded in cakewalk??

11 minutes ago, scook said:

Record Bit Depth is set in Preferences > File > Audio Data

As a rule this should be set the same as Audio Driver Bit Depth in  Preferences > Audio > Driver Settings

Main menu Project > Audio Files shows details about clips referenced in the project.

Thanks man!!

This means it was recorded at 16 or at 32?  I suppose 16? what is render referring to?

image.png.0c81a1ac688954e9c874d418bdf9283a.png

4 minutes ago, scook said:

Use it as a learning experience.

Projects work at one sample rate but the clips may be at different bit depths.

ok so from my understanding if you recorded at 16 bitrate and you export at 32 bitrate doesn't really matter, but if it's the opposite you should dither otherwise gets lossy correct?

Going from 16 to 32 audio is padded with zeroes. This has no effect on the audio.

Reducing bit depth such as 32 to 16 the audio is truncated to fit.  This can cause artifacts. Dithering adds noise to the audio to mask any artifacts.

• Like 1