Reason 12 released (not a deal)

Esteban Villanova

Gonna have to think about this.  I got R11 Suite last year (before they included the free 12 upgrade.  The Subscription is definitely not for me, since I have all the Suite content already.  Basically $129 for Mimic and Combi2, plus hires.  Hires is a pretty big deal for my hi dpi monitor.  That was a big reason that Waves beat the WUP out of me last time.  I think I will see what discounts float by.  JRR does not have a SKU yet, but their 11 upgrade (with free 12) is priced also at $129 and allows "forum" code for $114.81.

Edited by Brian Lawler
News flash

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

Hmmm I have Reason 11 and have yet to try it out.

I've had a license since 4.  When you try to use it with basic functions most DAWs have you find it lackluster. Sure the instruments and racks are cool but other than that it's not in the same league as most DAWs. You have to be a fanboy to appreciate it.  I'll probably upgrade anyway.

I signed up for the beta program so I've tested a few of the high res betas along the way. Makes it usable software again for me. I couldn't bear using it previously.. It was so ridiculously cramped and tiny. 

Edited by Craig N

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Now for that M1 native compatibility …

Which may likely break any backward compatibility. I'm locked down on a 2012 Mac Pro (12 Core 3.4GHz, 128GB Ram, SSD boot, 8, 4 and 4 GB internal drives) with Catalina and don't see myself going for an M1 anytime soon.

Right now on my Mac I cannot upgrade MODO drum to 1.1.3 (from 1.1.1) since I'm on Zenon CPU's and they don't make the grade.

• Sad 1

Still running a 2012  Mac on Mojave myself but recently added an M1 iMac for native plugs only. Quite happy with FabFilter, Pianoteq, Organteq, Bitwig, Valhalla, AAS, Toontrack, MassiveX, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Tracktion, SugarBytes and Wavesfactory, as they’ve all gone native. So it’s about time Reason does too. 

• Great Idea 1

Btw as a heads up if you have rack extensions installed eg if you bought Reason 11 suite, and you're not getting high res graphics for some of those extensions eg Radical Keys, you may need to close your DAW, run the Authorizer, delete the extension, then go into your account on the Reason Studios website and click the Download button for that extension again. It's a bit of a drag, but the updated graphics are worth it in the end at least. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah it is unfortunate. The Authorizer app lists "hi res" after the name of the extension after its been updated, so the easiest thing to do is just delete all extensions and then press sync all on the website, which will reinstall the whole lot. 

• Thanks 1