Nembrini BG Extasy

cclarry

BG EXTASY GUITAR AMPLIFIER for $39

Every now and then, a new classic is born, they come in the shape of a revisited classic or a whole new world with monster tone and myriads of options, with its 3 distinctly voiced channels morphing past, present and future tones.

BG Extasy Boutique Guitar Amplifier is meticulously modelled on the Bogner Ecstasy* 101B head guitar amplifier.

Nembrini Audio has carefully reproduced the incredible tone and versatility of this famous boutique guitar amplifier, being one of the most desirable guitar amps on the market today. We have also extended the possibilities of the original hardware thanks to the versatility of the digital world  with new features for the maximum control of your tone:

3 channel all tube design

Ch 1: gain, bass, middle, treble and volume control

Ch 1: 3 position pre eq and gain boost

Ch 2: gain, volume and 3 position pre eq

Ch 3: gain, volume and 3 position pre eq

Ch 2/3: common bass, middle and treble controls

Ch 2/3: common gain-structure, gain boost and plexi mode switch

Dual assignable presence controls with excursion switches for loose and tight feel

a complete recording chain with six selected guitar cab emulations

four of the best mic emulations with position and distance controls

cleaner circuit to improve your tone

optimized Noise Gate

a powerful three-slot Impulse Loader

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/bg-extasy-boutique-guitar-amplifier

• Thanks 1

This is a versatile boutique amp that can reproduce a lot of different tones.

I picked up the iOS version for $9.99 (usually $19.99) to go along with Sound Master, Acoustic Voice, Voice DC 30, and Black Ice.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/46714/bg-extasy-boutique-amplifier-by-nembrini-audio

JoyceRoadStudios:

Insta-buy! Great cleans on channel 1, the famous channel 2 textured hard rock sound with plenty of thick tight gain, and channel 3 for highest gain and Metal. There’s also an assignable Plexi mode which sounds vintage amazing, it’s a low gain Plexi mode, slightly raspy and fuzzy, truly reminiscent of late 60s early 70s tone. All of this makes for an extremely versatile amp that will please everyone, cleans, metal, vintage, modern. This emulation is extremely authentic and faithful to the original hardware. I’m surprised it’s not a Bogner authorized sim.

There a lot of peculiar knobs and voicings in this amp, and a slight learning curve. I’ve attached the manual here and it is excellent, very helpful to know what everything does.

I recommend keeping the Bass knob at or below 12 o’clock. Many of the presets have the Bass knob all the way maxed, and it’s overkill. It adds too much rumble, not just bass. So whether playing presets or tweaking, keep the bass knob reasonable. There’s also an “Excursion A/B” toggle in the “master” section, setting those to “L” also brings a lot of bass, so I recommend setting to those toggles to “T”. Read the manual to fully unlock the breadth of this amp.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

Mercuriall's Euphoria is $50 on sale right now.  It's a beast.  On board effects are excellent, there are tons of presets, it's resizable, switchable Pre and Power amps, and a bunch of other options on the front panel that I can't explain.  It's got a built-in parametric EQ which is a really nice touch, too.  I find the cabinet UI for Nembrini amps to be a bit harsh on the eyes; if you have Mercuriall sims, Euphoria takes the same easy-to-understand approach with mic selection and positioning.  You can also include reverb IRs independent of cab IRs.  Did I mention it includes a wah pedal??  Pete Thorn has videos for both of these sims.

And it sounds awesome for rock, metal, or clean tones.  Just my take.

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 1

Nice. I think the most interesting part is at the end (11:40)

Comment from TGP forum thread:

I have 2 Ecstasy heads from the 90s that I toured extensively with.
Mercuriall is much, much closer to my real Bogners. I set up the software amps exactly as I ran the blue channel for live gigs and compared.
Mercuriall Euphoria really feels and sounds almost identical in tone with controls set the same. The Nembrini has way more gain than any Ecstasy blue channel, and is more scooped with fizzier highs and a woolier bass. Nembrini can be adjusted to sound good as well, but if we are comparing software to hardware, Mercuriall nails it down in a 1:1 test using the exact same knob and switch settings as the real amp.
Nembrini at those same settings sounds more like a Mesa than a Bogner.

Edited by filo