EZBass Bundle and EZBass Value Pack

cclarry

53 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Amplesound is where it's at for me.  I will use EZBass to generate MIDI and build songs, and then swap it out for
an AS Bass.  I have all the AS Instruments, and LOVE them!

I picked up the AS Upright Bass this summer. Very, very nice! :)

I'll probably use EZBass to generate MIDI tracks to drive the AS Upright.

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

yeah.. but the thing is, once you lose the fancy toontrack articulations, it just sounds like a guy playing bass on a midi contoller.

I'm not adding articulations by playing them - I'm writing them into the track.   And that's what EZBass is doing in their program when you add an articulation by clicking on a note and then choosing an articulation.

• Great Idea 1

Hello Group,

My name is Tom (actually I'm known by many names, but I digress)

[group answers] hello Tom

I'm so weak, I couldn't stand it, I picked up Classic Rock, Fretless and Metal

t

I did have some loyalty giggers, and the basses do come with some additional midi!
(he rationalizes)

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Has anyone compiled a list of what the keyswitch articulations in EZBass are?   I just realized that when  you drag a MIDI groove into the daw it brings along the EZBass keyswitches.   So it would then be just a matter of transposing them up or down to match (in my case) the Ample Bass keyswitch articulations. 

I went through the EZBass manual and they don't list their keyswitch articulations - seems like they are purposely not showing them as they want people to use their basses.    

I've only been playing with EZBass (the full functioning demo) for a couple of days, so someone on the web has probably already posted the EZBass keyswitches, but if not, it won't be too difficult to create.

Well, that didn't take long... found a forum where someone posted an image from an early version of the EZBass manual where they listed the keyswitches.  (I cannot find this page in the current manual.)   So, I made a quick list from the image:

A-1  Polyphony (hold).  Disable legato

A#-1 Harmonic (hold) Play harmonics

B-1  Slap/Pop (hold) Play slap sound if available.

C0  Not used

C#0  Middle Finger/Down Stroke.  Play only middle finger/downstroke (no alteration)

D0  Repeater (press)  Repeat the last played note

D#0  Loud Mute (press).  Repeat the last played note as a percussive mute

E0  Ghost note (press).  Repeat the last played note as a ghost note

F0  Slide (press and hold).  Slide currently playing note to the next note played

G0  Slide Up (press).  Slide currently playing note up.

G#0   Legato (hold).  Enable legato.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NOTE:
Sometimes it pays to be smarter than the Installer, especially if you have a habit of NOT putting things where the installer wants it to go.
ie: the EZB.dll

ALSO:
Run the VST scan EVERY time you make changes/updates etc.

t

I am known by many names...
DeeringAmps shortens to DA, and we all know what that stands for 🙃

Edited by DeeringAmps

On 9/2/2021 at 6:35 AM, telecode 101 said:

I agree. the included basses not that good. i copy the MIDI to another track. But then, you lose all the fancy toontrack articulations. 😐

Send audio out of EZB as DI (you get a wav file) to keep all the articulations and run through your favorite Bass VSTi and processing chain.  I do this with IK Multimedia Ampeg rigs. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2