EZBass Bundle and EZBass Value Pack

cclarry

i was debating of jumping into IKM  Modo Bass but chose to wait as I didn't want to expose myself to more IKM than I already am .. and now this came up. all good things happen to those who wait. 🙂

I really like EZBass.. but it has some  odd quirks that I still need to figure out. I feel that if you are heavily invested into the other Toontrack drum products and already use their arranger in your workflow.. it works well. But if you are doing a different workflow .. it feels really weird having to keep flipping in and out of that EZbass arranger and then back out into the DAW view to make the songs. I use Cubase and a mix of Kontakt and Groove Agent...  for drums.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

Ahh Jezz...
First the IK GB, now this.
So I'm not in "love" with EZB; yet (I was an early adopter, hard to leave Trilian).
Which 3 for the Value Pak (I'm thinking Classic Rock, Fretless and Metal) and what midi is included?

The midi 6 paks are a rockin' deal, I'm wondering if TT is NOT going to go that way with EZB...

t

if I didn't have some embroidery work to do I'd go back to the studio and ponder the monster hits I could write with my GBuys and some EZBX's!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

I tried the EZBass demo last night.  I'm not too impressed with the bass sounds themselves, but the rest of the program seems good.   I dragged the EZBass midi patterns out and used some Ample basses and that sounded much better.

I agree. the included basses not that good. i copy the MIDI to another track. But then, you lose all the fancy toontrack articulations. 😐

4 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

That'll be hitch in the giddyup here...

t

I'd rather have Trilian or MODO Bass without those articulations

But the ability to manipulate and edit MIDI data in the program is truly awesome. Not only with their bass MIDI patterns, but with any of the other ones you can get.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'd rather have Trilian or MODO Bass without those articulations

But the ability to manipulate and edit MIDI data in the program is truly awesome. Not only with their bass MIDI patterns, but with any of the other ones you can get.

The EZKeys piano offerings are the real substandard product. Yes they sound like a piano, but there are so many far superior VST pianos out there. That said, EZKeys is a very useful musical composition tool. I guess the bottom line is that you have the best ear for and are most critical of the actual instrument that you play. 

Edited by Scott H

7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I agree. the included basses not that good. i copy the MIDI to another track. But then, you lose all the fancy toontrack articulations.

Yeah, I noticed that right away, but you and I (and quite a few other folks here) seem to prefer better sounding basses than what Toontrack is offering.    So, I'm with Reid - I won't be using the Toontrack basses, but will look forward to their Midi packs.   

And I'll add my articulations to their midi grooves.

I did a video on EZBass, and while I love so many things about it, the way it is sampled is really weird.  To me, it's such a serious fault that I don't think I'm going to buy any more of their basses. Not when there are so many good ones out there.

They worked so hard on all the details of EZBass that I can't understand how they could have messed up this very simple thing.

This video starts at the right spot to show you what I'm talking about.

To me it's just natural to expect a bass to start each string with the open string sound.

A lot of other basses are sampled in different ways. ujam basses have an algorithm tsort this out.

I have Trilian, MODO Bass, the OTS Evolution Roundwound Bass, Modwheel's the Lowdown, all the ujam basses, so what do I need more basses for?

I am curious about  Steinberg's  Sampled Electric Bass, which samples every note on all the strings and then lets you pick various styles that favor different parts of the fretboard.  It excels in the area that EZBass is most deficient. It's $129 and I keep waiting for them to put it on sale, but they haven't yet. 

https://www.steinberg.net/vst-instruments/electric-bass/

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

Sounds cool! But have you tried the Ample Bass upright yet?

Amplesound is where it's at for me.  I will use EZBass to generate MIDI and build songs, and then swap it out for
an AS Bass.  I have all the AS Instruments, and LOVE them!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, abacab said:

Sounds cool! But have you tried the Ample Bass upright yet?

Yes - I've tried the demo of Ample Bass upright. I thought it was excellent. I'm also a big of the EZBass midi editor and the midi packs. I ended getting Orange Tree's Pear Bass for $20 in the last sale. I'll probably use EZBass when setting up backing tracks for quick jam sessions and Pear Bass when producing more finished work. I may write a Kontakt script to translate the key switched between the two programs.

Edited by Scott H
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Michael A.D. said:

Yeah, I noticed that right away, but you and I (and quite a few other folks here) seem to prefer better sounding basses than what Toontrack is offering.    So, I'm with Reid - I won't be using the Toontrack basses, but will look forward to their Midi packs.   

And I'll add my articulations to their midi grooves.

yeah.. but the thing is, once you lose the fancy toontrack articulations, it just sounds like a guy playing bass on a midi contoller. 😞

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I am curious about  Steinberg's  Sampled Electric Bass, which samples every note on all the strings and then lets you pick various styles that favor different parts of the fretboard.  It excels in the area that EZBass is most deficient. It's $129 and I keep waiting for them to put it on sale, but they haven't yet. 

https://www.steinberg.net/vst-instruments/electric-bass/

Yeah.. i don't know if the other EZbasses (rock and fretless) are better basses. Hard to know unless you try.

RE; Steinberg.. yeah.. i saw that one. Its a Halion bass, right? I am waiting (hoping!?) for Absolute to go on sale.. and then pick it up. (If money allows.)

Edited by telecode 101