Problem Getting projects to play

Jack Hawk

So new issue... I can pull up a project, but when I try playing it, nothing happens. The curser jumps a bit ang goes right back to the beginning of the song. I cannot get anything to happen. It worked fine previously, but I have not used in a few weeks, and now I'm seeing this issue. Any ideas anyone?

Cakewalk will abort after a buffer underrun extending beyond a given period (IIRC, 250 ms by default). Could be the project was still loading samples, or there was some background process preventing the CPU from filling the output buffers in time. I have some very large projects where the only way to get them to reliably play on the first try is to open them and then go make coffee.

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for not responding sooner. I've been out of commission for most of the winter, and had a small project in April I was working on, which is when I had the issue. I'm just now back to actually spending time in the studio... When all this transpired, what I found was my output device had somehow removed itself from the DAW. not only that, but once I found and fixed, (I had to completely reinstall), I had to go through and reconfigure everything. It was an easier process to do the initial install than it was to find and fix this snafu. I run a Soundcraft Signature 12 multi track mixer, fed into the DAW via USB. I have no idea what caused everything to belly up, but once I reinstalled and reconfigured It's been fine.