Fingers crossed!

Shane_B.

A lefty Fender Acoustisonic may be in my near future. Some of you may remember my fiasco with B. i.  a. B. The whole major chord key change thing. I chucked it in the drawer after 3 failed song attempts and decided I'd give it another try a couple nights ago. Same problem, different song, new problems found, and now it's crashing S1. Essentially I haven't been able to do one successful song using the samples I paid $500 bucks for.

So I called my rep at the sugary liquid place where I bought it from. Long story short this is a known problem when using Real tracks aka samples. It doesn't happen when using midi and it isn't just me seeing this. So buying the hard drive with all the studio quality samples is a waste of money/kinda a rip off if you know what I mean.

The problem is, so much time has gone by that it may not be possible for them to return it. I mentioned that they finally got a lefty Acoustisonic in after months of waiting and if they could work with me I'd hand them my C.C. # immediately. Waiting to hear back. It's doubtful and I completely understand if they can't after so much time, but it was worth a shot.

Fingers crossed I can make this happen.

Good luck, never played one but looks nice. If you don't get it this time remember to check Reverb.com. I've seen 1-2 listed there.

As far as the site goes I've never had problems.

Edited by bluser

2 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Shane, could you not acquire one direct from Fender, e.g: ...

I don't know. I never tried to contact them directly. I was told by my local dealer it as well as a lot of other guitars are not available until the middle of next year.

Plus I want to try and send this non-functional software back to get credit toward the guitar and I can't do that with Fender direct.

My only chance is the place I bought it will see what's going on and take it back toward credit for a guitar from them. But I completely understand if they won't. It's been months.

I should hear back from them in a couple days. They are contacting b.  I a. B. directly to see what can be done.

When I called about a possible credit they asked me to give their tech support a try so I did. They knew about the problems I ran in to and said there's no fixing it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Shane, could you not acquire one direct from Fender

I looked in to it this morning. No, you cannot buy directly from Fender. They direct you to a dealer. The ones that came up for my area are the ones I've already been to that told me it wouldn't be available until the middle of next year. Odd how some online dealers have them. The storefronts don't seem to be able to get them. 

EDIT: I'm confused now. I can't tell exactly where things come from. I thought only the custom shop guitars came from them but I may be wrong. I'm not sure if the guitars come from directly from them when you place an order on their site or if it's redirected to a dealer.

Edited by Shane_B.

4 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I looked in to it this morning. No, you cannot buy directly from Fender. They direct you to a dealer. The ones that came up for my area are the ones I've already been to that told me it wouldn't be available until the middle of next year. Odd how some online dealers have them. The storefronts don't seem to be able to get them. 

EDIT: I'm confused now. I can't tell exactly where things come from. I thought only the custom shop guitars came from them but I may be wrong. I'm not sure if the guitars come from directly from them when you place an order on their site or if it's redirected to a dealer.

Fender UK sell just about everything in their current range and ship for free for orders over £50.

They sell at about the same price as most other UK-based online retailers; in fact the prices for new US-made Fender guitars seem to be the same price wherever you look, a bit like a cartel where nobody sells cheap and they all make the same margins.

You can pick up a bargain from the main online dealers when new ranges of certain items are starting to be stocked (I picked up both my US Tele Deluxe and my US Strat Deluxe cheaper than they were then selling 'Standard' models for, I guess as they were making room for the new 'Elite' range (which replaced 'Deluxe'). 

I have noticed Fender UK never seem to discount amps and guitars, only occasionally running promotions on accessories etc. That's probably because they only seem to have the most up to date models of any range up for sale.

• Like 1

Holy Cow, 2000 bucks !!!  I guess 1 grand goes to Fender CEO and his circle.

To me it looks like a guitar you throw on the sofa, doesn't sound 2000 to me by the youtube clips.

I would get a Taylor for half the money plus a cheap little guitar on Amazon for the dog to chew on.

Sorry mate, anyway hope ye get a lefty guitar you like soon.

Edited by Sheens

54 minutes ago, Sheens said:

Holy Cow, 2000 bucks !!!  I guess 1 grand goes to Fender CEO and his circle.

To me it looks like a guitar you throw on the sofa, doesn't sound 2000 to me by the youtube clips.

I would get a Taylor for half the money plus a cheap little guitar on Amazon for the dog to chew on.

Sorry mate, anyway hope ye get a lefty guitar you like soon.

No need to be sorry ya big meany! 😁 J/K.

It's not a normal guitar. It's not really meant to be played like you would an acoustic. And it sucks bigtime just sitting playing without being plugged in. It's for recording and playing live through a PA. It's a modelling guitar that emulates different acoustics plus a clean and dirty Tele, like the Kemper's emulate different amps.

I don't like the video's where guys play it through a guitar amp. It's really not meant to be played that way and sounds pretty crappy. It's best through a PA or DI in to your DAW. I plan on using it for live gigs eventually and recording mainly.

I'm hoping the sugary liquid place will work with me on returning b .. i. a . b. so I can put that toward it. If not then it's a no go.

I want to get the Acoustisonic and one of these a Lefty Gretsch 5420. Then sell my Martin (MIM) 000 and my Epi Sheraton II and then I'm done. It's getting harder and harder to play acoustic guitar necks and this Acoustisonic should be just what I'm looking for. That Gretsch by far has the most comfortable neck I've ever played. I demo'd an orange one at G.C. but I want the black one. I was offered $100 more than what I paid for my Sheraton by a local shop so I figure I'll throw it on facebook marketplace when the time comes and get the full price for myself that they were going to sell it for.

👍🏻

• Like 1

Sorry, didn't know about the amp modelling stuff....I understand your choice now.

Would like trying this 500 bucks Gretsch, but...no store in a 100 miles.

Lee (the Captain at Andertons UK ) said they're just great guitars.. as  'great for the money'  for the Streamliner series.  

Good luck, hoping you get your guitar soon.

OIP-1.jpg

Edited by Sheens

On 9/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, Sheens said:

Sorry, didn't know about the amp modelling stuff....I understand your choice now.

Would like trying this 500 bucks Gretsch, but...no store in a 100 miles.

Lee (the Captain at Andertons UK ) said they're just great guitars.. as  'great for the money'  for the Streamliner series.  

Good luck, hoping you get your guitar soon.

OIP-1.jpg

I've heard nothing but great things about those and the whole line of the $1,000 or less Gretsch guitars. The one I want is $850 U.S. and it plays like a dream to me.

I saw the video of them playing these. They also did a demo of the Acoustisonic which was really good too. 

• Like 1

Guess who has a Left Handed Acoustisonic on the way! I'm so happy right now. Guys, you can't ask for anything more than what they did for me. They gave me full credit ($503) plus a LOT more.

I'm not used to all this good fortune and positive vibes. I'm afraid to go outside. I may get hit by another school bus or something. Lightning maybe? They just finished putting a new roof on my house yesterday so that shouldn't fall in on me.

👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

Yay, got my new guitar today!

Aw, it's dead!

LOL! And to add insult to injury, no candy!

This thing feels great and the Tele emulation portion of it is excellent. The Fishman acoustic modelling portion is dead. It's already being taken care of so it's all good. 👍🏻

• Confused 1

Well. My fingers have come uncrossed. No guitar. It seems Sweetwater has already started falling apart due to the buyout.

So not only did I get screwed out of the software, twice, I got screwed out of the guitar, twice. LOL!

It's ok though. I really don't get upset about material things like this but it is a lesson learned and I've added them to my list of 'Never Buy From Again'. This is the exact reason why I never buy guitars online. I've never, not once, had a good experience.

I'd like to buy local, but nobody has the lefty gear I require and they all tell me they can't get it. Yet on the back of the broken guitar I received from Sweetwater it said Manufactured 8/2021. I guess you have to be one of the big boys to get anything, and even then chances are it will be messed up.

Anyway, I need to get back out to my pond. My Bulrushes await me. I've cut and sold roughly 600 so far this year. I have 2 large orders pending and I just took another large order last night. Who would have ever thought? I cut, dry, and seal them by hand myself. Keeps me in shape. For what, I don't know.

Later fella's.

🤕👍🏻