Arturia V-Collection 7 Announced

SmokeyJ628

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Just checked my upgrade price and its $199 - way too much for me - even if it was $99 i would think hard about it

Nigel

I already paid more than the asking new customer's $399 price for the collection by upgrading since version 3. That's why I skipped the v6 entirely (for which Arturia was asking a similar stiff upgrade price until the other day). And that's why I'll probably skip this release too. I'll do that until Arturia change this ridiculous pricing policy or until the releases accumulate enough new emulations to justify the asking price (which, IMO, that's not the case, coming from v5).

Edited by Sergio

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

Also just noticed in the store that Bass Music Powerpack and Genesis Tribute are now showing as FREE.

If you don't already have them the other free packs are worth having not to mention some of the paid ones.

Didn’t see Genesis Tribute free yesterday. Gotta go back in. 

the "buy" button on Genesis Tribute that leads to a 404 error for me:

https://www.arturia.com/products/genesis_tribute/free

plus has anybody actually managed to install V7 yet - the mellotron is a 2gig download and I'm getting about 2 kb/s before it times out at this rate it's going to be christmas before it finishes

Edited by simon

14 hours ago, Fleer said:

Definitely less generous than the Analog Lab 3 upgrade was, adding over 1500 presets to the ones in Analog Lab 2, and including all presets of every V Collection 6 instrument. Those are still present in Analog Lab 4, but the newly added instruments from V Collection 7 are seriously underrepresented. 

That makes sense. I have an AL license and a V 6 license registered to my account. I haven't downloaded the V 6 and don't feel like I need to because I'm not a sound designer and all the sounds I can get and tweak from AL are more than enough for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Not seeing either one of these...

That's strange TS. Maybe it was a glitch when I got them and they have since fixed it? 

Just checked and they are definitely both installed here and all the patches are available (not just the first few patches which they usually do for paid addons). 

1 hour ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I read in VI:Control that Arturia is having some issues with the upgrade pricing for their V customers.  So if you feel you're being overcharged, and are interested in V7--write them. 

Issues other than pissing the s*** out off their customers last BF with their pricing strategy and language, you mean?

🤷‍♂️

54 minutes ago, ZincT said:

That's strange TS. Maybe it was a glitch when I got them and they have since fixed it? 

Just checked and they are definitely both installed here and all the patches are available (not just the first few patches which they usually do for paid addons). 

ZT is absolutely right. 

Went back in and couldn’t get the Genesis Tribute pack directly from the Arturia website, even though it was marked “free”. But then I opened Analog Lab 4 in the Arturia app and hit the store button. Lo and behold, the pack was marked “free” in there as well and hitting that button started the download instantly. Thanks ZT!

Edit: that Bass Music pack had been free before but the Genesis Tribute pack came to mama like a Fleer to a beer. 

Edited by Fleer
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, Tiger The Frog said:

I read in VI:Control that Arturia is having some issues with the upgrade pricing for their V customers.  So if you feel you're being overcharged, and are interested in V7--write them. 

How about a little Haggle

Edited by Sergio

I was never able to get the V Collection 6 update to Synclavier V.  The others updated (though some I had to restart a few times) but Synclavier V always died about half way through.  I even tried downloading it from their website with Firefox and that died half way. 

In the end I VPN'ed to the UK and was able to download it from the web site.  I'm guessing their CDN configuration isn't quite right, by coming from another country it directed me to a "better" server.  Kind of extreme but if you have a VPN account that has hosts in other countries you might want to try that.

The ability to create your own 'tapes' with the Mellotron plugin is cool.  I could myself getting lost in that for awhile.

Still on fence about update.
Now if price included (and it doesn't) Pigments...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

I just upgraded to AL4. I ran the Arturia installer on the background.... not only I had my DAW open, I was working on a project that contained one instance of AL3 because

1) I'm a genius and

2) Why the hell not?

Well, the installation finished after I closed Reaper and after that I could not open my project. Reaper kept crashing right at the moment of loading AL. Oh boi. I had to perform open heart surgery on a copy of the project file with a text editor to manually remove AL3. Thank god everything is working OK now. Phew.

PSA: Don't be like me.

PS I found the Genesis pack for free in the in-app store. 

• Like 1

After selling a couple of things on KVR I used the money to pick up V Collection 6 for a great price (prices seem much lower now that V7 is out).

The V Collection 7 upgrade price is now showing as 99 Euros in my Arturia account.

Not going to bother though unless it ever drops to around 50 Euros. 

Edited by ZincT

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

After selling a couple of things on KVR I used the money to pick up V Collection 6 for a great price (prices seem much lower now that V7 is out).

Are there any shops still selling v6? If not, this drop in price does not make much sense. Unless someone wants to jump out of the boat and stops using the Collection for good, since after upgrading Arturia does not allow selling/transfering the old version.