Waves Bundle Blowout Sale!

cclarry

14 hours ago, abacab said:

I guess Waves just cannot stand all the plugin revenue rolling towards IKM lately

Just out of curiosity I was trying to figure out the impact of the Group Buy to total revenue at IK MM and I came across this page

https://www.owler.com/company/ikmultimedia

If we estimate an average spending of $100  for the Group Buy, at 10K participants that would be +$1M sales

a) From the info at the owler page, Waves is ahead of IK MM in terms of yearly sales,  not by much, but more than $1M

b) Group Buy sales are below the average $1.8 M ($22M divided by 12) monthly revenue for IK MM although, the average includes more products (hardware, other products excluded from the GB) and considering seasonality and e.g., how much Black Friday can contribute to yearly sales, the Group Buy probably contributed to a pretty good number for August sales compared to previous years (on the other hand, the challenge in evaluating promotions like the GB is figuring out how much the results are an increase in total sales and how much it is just a redistribution from future months into the current one).

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 4:17 AM, telecode 101 said:

cheaper on Waves own site.

On 8/31/2021 at 4:28 AM, cclarry said:

Waves site shows the 40% off price already...you have to apply the code
at EveryPlugin, which makes them cheaper than Waves site

Oh snap!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Just out of curiosity I was trying to figure out the impact of the Group Buy to total revenue at IK MM and I came across this page

https://www.owler.com/company/ikmultimedia

If we estimate an average spending of $100  for the Group Buy, at 10K participants that would be +$1M sales

a) From the info at the owler page, Waves is ahead of IK MM in terms of yearly sales,  not by much, but more than $1M

b) Group Buy sales are below the average $1.8 M ($22M divided by 12) monthly revenue for IK MM although, the average includes more products (hardware, other products excluded from the GB) and considering seasonality and e.g., how much Black Friday can contribute to yearly sales, the Group Buy probably contributed to a pretty good number for August sales compared to previous years (on the other hand, the challenge in evaluating promotions like the GB is figuring out how much the results are an increase in total sales and how much it is just a redistribution from future months into the current one).

I have no idea. But from little I know about IT and the fact that I don't think I have ever seen any profile of a developer who works for IKM (I have seen who works for U-He, Arturia, Softube e.t.c). my guess is IKM outsource all their development to countries that have relatively cheap labor to keep costs low So perhaps Eastern Europe or even India or China..

The other thing is these products in the GB, (most of them ) are quite old. I was looking closely at MODO Bass and was surprised to find out it was released in 2016. Not that it's a bad thing. Just surprised.

Why ? What are you planning to do? Get into the music software sales industry.

Edited by telecode 101

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Why ? What are you planning to do? Get into the music software sales industry.

In my non-musical life I invest and trade (it helps "pay for the hobbies"). In this case, IK MM is privately owned so it's not possible to easily buy/sell its stock and I'm not planning anything, but I just find it interesting this kind of quick financial analysis.