Sound Spot Summer Sale WTF??

Steve Patrick

Sound Spot is having a massive Summer Sale.  I've got a couple of their plugs and find them useful.  I tried to purchase two more yesterday...and think I succeeded as PayPal said the transaction went through but it was a weird buying experience.  They might have been being slammed but the site was running EXTREMELY slow and just getting from page to page was taking an eternity.  After paying, PayPal attempted to return me to the Sound Spot web page but I just got their blank page with a spinning "S".  This went on for about 5-10 minutes (I minimized it and kept checking back).  Finally I just shut it down and figured I'd get an email soon regarding purchase and download/installation instructions.

It's now Monday afternoon and still no love.

I've emailed Nathan but haven't heard a peep.  Hope this turns out OK...but it was only $9 bucks.  I'm just worried about my PayPal account.

Anybody else bought anything from them during the sale??

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Patrick said:

Sound Spot is having a massive Summer Sale.  I've got a couple of their plugs and find them useful.  I tried to purchase two more yesterday...and think I succeeded as PayPal said the transaction went through but it was a weird buying experience.  They might have been being slammed but the site was running EXTREMELY slow and just getting from page to page was taking an eternity.  After paying, PayPal attempted to return me to the Sound Spot web page but I just got their blank page with a spinning "S".  This went on for about 5-10 minutes (I minimized it and kept checking back).  Finally I just shut it down and figured I'd get an email soon regarding purchase and download/installation instructions.

It's now Monday afternoon and still no love.

I've emailed Nathan but haven't heard a peep.  Hope this turns out OK...but it was only $9 bucks.  I'm just worried about my PayPal account.

Anybody else bought anything from them during the sale??

I usually buy Soundspot from Plugin Boutique...much better delivery time...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I usually buy Soundspot from Plugin Boutique...much better delivery time...

Me too.  I appreciate the "reminder" to pick up the free MDynamic EQ from PB before that deal expires.  As usual I waited until the last minute to see if any "can't miss" deals popped up. 😴 I decided to go with the SoundSpot Vocal Bundle for @$8.  Looks like there might be some fun in that box- not really limited to vocal application by the look of them.

• Great Idea 1

Just now, Brian Lawler said:

Me too.  I appreciate the "reminder" to pick up the free MDynamic EQ from PB before that deal expires.  As usual I waited until the last minute to see if any "can't miss" deals popped up. 😴 I decided to go with the SoundSpot Vocal Bundle for @$8.  Looks like there might be some fun in that box- not really limited to vocal application by the look of them.

I did the same...and opted for WA Production Dodge Pro for $4.90 with the free MDynamicEQ...

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Steve Patrick said:

Was your PayPal account actually charged?

Your account itself should be safe; if you're worried, you can turn on 2FA* but it's very unlikely anyone got your credentials.

* you should probably do this anyway, irrespective of this incident

Edited by antler

Voxbox is my favorite plug-in of its (ADT) type, The display makes it simple to visualize just what the plug-in is doing. Glitch is a sound choppy tool, if you like those, you can never get enough of 'em, I have been meaning to try throwing MSW2 on something to see if the rhythmically expanding and contracting stereo field effect it claims to do is ear candy or not. Some of Soundspot's plug-ins eat too much CPU for what they do, others seem to be just fine. I don't think they all come from the same source. I remember being interested in Firefly, but I prefer their own Cyclone as a bus compressor and I now have some top notch compressors from Melda and elysia that had the effect of making most of my previous compressor acquisitions obsolete.

Dodge Pro is another one of those W A Production plug-ins that I almost wish weren't so inexpensive, because it's got a lot under the hood and I think it's gotten lost among my quiver of W A Production sound design-y tools. Some of which are pretty amazing, all of which at least do what they claim to do without chewing up more than their share of resources.

I already have a license for MDynamicEQ and nobody to gift the freebie to, but as dynamic EQ's go, it will (not surprisingly given its company of origin) serve any need one has for a dynamic EQ and then some.

Still no word from "nathan@soundspot.audio" yet...and no products...and when I try to enter my account on their site it says I'm not activated yet and to "click here" to have an activation link emailed to me...which I've done several times now but never received any emails.  Plus, when you click on the customer support tab on the site you get a message saying that it's "down for maintenance until June 2nd" ?????

So, I got my receipt from PayPal saying I've paid...but have no products or download instructions or links...can't get in to my account...and there's no customer support.

The only thing I do have is nathan@soundspot.audio which was on my PayPal receipt.  I've sent two emails to him and have only received the sound of crickets in return.

Sheesh.

To anyone that got sound spot glitch, are you seeing any presets? All others have presets for me.  Factory folder seems to be missing.  I only see user folder after install.

By the way even though I have cableguys Shaperbox2, Dodge Pro is pretty fun. Thanks Larry for bringing it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lizzie Foster said:

So are they like $2 instead of the usual $4?  I have a number that I've bought cheap over the years to get the freebies.  But I never really use them.  Are they any good?

They're usable...definitely nothing to write home about...

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 2:42 PM, cclarry said:

with the free MDynamicEQ...

I grabbed the MDynamicEQ as well. Maybe with that, and the EQual from T-RackS, I will never have to shell out for Fabfilter, LOL! 🤣

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 1