Jump to content
Bapu

Looks like I was kind of big deal around there

Recommended Posts

My little sister (not my baby sister) went to her 50th middle school class reunion (Marina del Rey) last weekend and a couple of the guys asked if she was related to me. Um duh, our last name is not very common.

One of the guys went on to play with an 80s star Teena Marie and another went on to become a music teacher in the Santa Monica area. They praised me to her as being "a great bass player".

So, I must've been exposed to these guys but for the life of me I don't remember their names even though they say they got to play with me.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

You are a great bass player Ed. And a great recording/mixing/mastering engineer.

This ^^ and a great human being with a big heart!!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember lots of great times. But i have confidence they were great! 

Enjoy imagining what maybe was! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bapu said:

I must've been exposed to these guys

Probably not something you should draw too much attention to.

#baputoo

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she misheard …

 

… "a grating bass player" 9_9

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I keed I keed etc

 

I have always been quite partial to your massive low end 😊

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..

 

Edited by SteveStrummerUK
Remove and replace brainfart :-)
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

..

 

24 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

..

A man of few werds, I liek it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paulo said:

Probably not something you should draw too much attention to.

#baputoo

I believe it was due to me not locking the door to the loo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bapu said:
4 hours ago, paulo said:

Probably not something you should draw too much attention to.

#baputoo

I believe it was due to me not locking the door to the loo.

Nicely translated into real English 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I believe it was due to me not locking the door to the loo.

That might explain this bit.....

13 hours ago, Bapu said:

they say they got to play with me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, paulo said:
10 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I believe it was due to me not locking the door to the loo.

That might explain this bit.....

13 hours ago, Bapu said:

they say they got to play with me.

 

Do I require copious popcorn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Do I require copious popcorn?

I'm still too much in shock at the seedy revelations of this "confessions of bass player" tale to even think about food..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, paulo said:

I'm still too much in shock at the seedy revelations of this "confessions of bass player" tale to even think about food..

To be fair, if not a tad harsh, his OP does contain as many exploitable double entendres as yer average Carry On film 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

To be fair, if not a tad harsh, his OP does contain as many exploitable double entendres as yer average Carry On film 😄

 greatest_carry_on_films.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...