Walk A Mile

treesha

HI KurtS, thank you for listening and commenting. I normally used to be ok with my voice, it just changed and the allergies and smoke are so bad here ! I think we all may have that weird thing about listening to our own voices unless like a superstar vocalist ! The groove is not like what I would normally do, I was trying out the Rast Designer Drums I got a while ago, and its a different feel for me. I began thinking this would be a kinda dancy song, but then the words arrived and this is where it went ha. Thanks again !

Treesha, I often hear people complain about their vocals, but when I listen to them I nearly always think what are they talking about? The singing is wonderful. And that's what I thought when listening to Walk A Mile. You did a great job with the recording.
Now my vocals..they really are bad. 😄

I thought the accompaniment could be a bit more minor key considering the lyrics but that's just me.

-Bjorn

• Like 1

Hi Bjorn..thank you for listening and your comments! My issues about my singing are about how i sound before many hours of working on the lead parts to get them ok and using some intention in the backing vocals to mask stuff.  Im glad you enjoyed the results which also means i did a good job working them ! I just opened a 12 yr old kinda fun song project to work on after this deep one and my voice then is so noticeably different. Miss it ! Anyways i am totally illiterate about keys. For decades i have tried to learn certain music theory stuff and it never sinks in or sticks. I think i create from the other side of the brain as is said, just playing around really  not with a plan or knowledge of basics even. So i hear you about minor being common for a moody song. I would have to ask melodyne what key or keys this one is i have no idea. I put  the chords together first, thinking its another instrumental until feelings that i have been dealing with lately wanted words so the words came after. Thanks again ! 

Hi Johnbee58, Thank you for listening and commenting, happy to know you found it relaxing and wow mesmerizing, thats a really special thing to say, and thank you for appreciating my voice and the atmosphere. What else can I say but thank you ! I really appreciate it and feel very encouraged. 

• Like 1

This is the first of your songs I've heard.

I like the balance between the lead vocal and doubled voices.  The backing tracks set the mood.  The song sounds both sparse and full at the same time.  Excellent use of effects.  This is an interesting song to listen to all the way through.

• Like 1

Hi Jim, thank you for listening to a song of mine for the first time, and commenting, I appreciate it ! Very interesting feedback about it sounding sparse and full at the same time and has a mood to it. And thanks for commenting on the use of effects, its fun and good to hear that I am doing it with some competence.  And glad you thought it was interesting throughout. Means a lot to me !

Hi Inthorns, thank you for listening and your feedback, I appreciate it ! Interesting comment about the space and the driftyness, not something I had thought about but will now.  Comments like yours are so inspiring, pointing out something that I didn't realize or think about consciously. Cool. I'm glad to know you enjoyed the feeling and think its good ! 

• Like 1

Hi Barry, thank you for listening and commenting ! I appreciate you telling me the bocals are stellar ha, hope the singing was ok too 😉 and haunting, even closer to haloween...and appreciate that you commented the production was good, I spent a lot of time on it ! I am very encouraged !

Hi Eric, thank you for listening and for commenting ! I am so encouraged ! It was very powerful for me to make it, to put all that into a song to express it as best as I could. Now I am working on a kinda bouncy one because Walk A Mile was so intense for me. I'm glad to know that it was received conveying what I attempted to convey, so thank you very much for letting me know. 

• Like 1