Editing out/cutting out crowd chatter and applause live Recording

Kirby H

OMG! 

Thank you so much. Finally a real step by step video. Tascam has some pretty good engineers, and on their forums they can be helpful, but absolutely nothing like this. So I've got all my first days recordings trimmed down. I've cut like two hours of the noise and chatter by following your video. I've got one last request. I have the recordings all in the same file now, but on separate tracks (see pic)

I either need to combine them both into one track, or separate each if the 27 bands performances and assign them their own tracks, which might be nice for Olympias Music Association Director. To whom I donated my time (now our time), and my effort (now our efforts) to help promote  Chinooks Middle Schools Music Programs. That's in the Olympia, Washington area. I probably should have discouraged my participation due to my inexperience, but he was in need, and I needed the experience. You don't have to help with this, but man thank you for your time and consideration so far. Wow.....

1556322698788149334001983565244.jpg

Hey,

I appreciate  what you did today with the video, and I'm still hard at it. I'm unsure as well. Ultimately I just want to present a decent listening experience. I thought it would be pretty cut and dry, but it isn't. My respect for you pro's has increased exponentially this last week. As has my interest, and determination. There's so much more to it, but I'm determined to work it out. It may come down to spending a few bucks to get it right. 

Thanksagain for your help,

Kirby

What's up y'all?,

Listen I need help with a couple more things, and I'll be done. Two questions:

1) I bounced to two mono tracks into a stereo track on my Tascam DP24sd. The tascam's stereo tracks are combined into one button: (see pic)

13/14 -15/16-17/18- 19/20-21/22-21/24. 

When I exported into Cakewalk it came in as two tracks. In this case 15/16. I'm going to need to merge them am I not? When I burn the CD (which is my next question) I'm gonna have an issue if their not merged right?

2) I've always had CD's burned by others, so I'm kind of lost here. When I click on the export button that's on the projects page do I export directly to my CDR's drive?, or to a created file in Explorer or Desktop and just choose it from the burner application. I've tried just every scenereo and can't make it work.

So, I appreciate all your guidance with Cakewalk, and if you we're near Seattle/Tacoma I would certainly buy you a beer, or a steak.

Thanks,

Kirby

155640372611770119545150612557.jpg

15564037596251834244354169363644.jpg

How about 1 more question.  When you're exporting (see pick)  I chose Source Category:Tracks

Channel Format: Follow Source

Sample Rate: 44100 (Tascam settings)

Bit Depth: 16 (this was the Tascam settings )

Dithering: None

Presents: None

Mix enables ???? No idea

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Kirby

15564102886864824235567022551431.jpg

Are you using the cd burner in the tascam?

Generally cakewalk users export 44.1 16 Bit wave files when they want to make a cd.

Then they use some cd burning tool to make the cd using the computer cd burner.

There used to be such a tool built in to cakewalk. Idk if it is still in there.

When you export from cakewalk it only includes selected audio so just select what you want and choose export.

No, Tascam did away with burner in their DP 24/32sd units by the time I got mine. I guess they had some functionality problems. So anyway I think I figured that part out. Now Im splitting all the songs inside the single track, and moving them into separate tracks by dragging them down into a new track. Sounds crazy, but working so far.  I know you can grab all tracks at once and move em to the begining, but how just the one new copied track I'm working on?

Thanks,

Kirby

You can just move a single clip by dragging it. You can also cut and paste it.

This is not theway i usually do it, though.

I add a marker at the Babbitt and end of each song. 

Select all

Click the ruler between the markers

Bounce to tracks... New track.

You can use navigator to see where the tracks are.

Click on the clips individually to export them.

I knew I was probably shortcutting it, but I just decided to duplicate track one and work off of that for safety. I would rather do it your way, but I decided to give it a shot. I will try your way right now.

Thank you,

K.H.