Jimlau

Video Codec

Trying to render an audio and video track. The settings I have are in the photo. I am able to render on my new computer, but on my porior 1 I get an error from all the video players I have that there is a codec issue. Any idea why?

I have Windows 10, and the latest Cakewalk version.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Jimlau

Most people only drop the video into cakewalk as a guide to score the music to. Once you have your music track you export it as a wave file and drag it to the original in your video editing software. The quality of the video in Cakewalk is not the greatest. 

Cakewalk isn't meant to be a video editor. The video track is there for those who are scoring to picture.

I suggest you would save yourself  a lot of trouble by using an actual video editor for rendering

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Most people only drop the video into cakewalk as a guide to score the music to. Once you have your music track you export it as a wave file and drag it to the original in your video editing software. The quality of the video in Cakewalk is not the greatest. 

I don't use it as a video editor.  I just import a finished video. I don't want the audio to degrade by having it rendered again in a video editor. Would quality suffer if I have to render the audio twice, once in Cakewalk, once in a video editor?

Anyway, it works on 1 of my computers. I guess no 1 knows what I need to download for the codec to work?

No, audio quality will not suffer if all your setting and levels are set up correct.  Usually the default settings.

I send pic references for mixes all the time.  I use to do it the way the others describe,  it use to be the most efficient way with Cake doing the audio rendering and a video app rendering the picture.  That rendering process was the quickest and I had more flexibility choosing the video format for my clients who mostly worked with Macs. But recent cakewalk updates have made that unnecessary.  I wish I could help you with the codes thing, but I'm just a button pusher when it comes to that stuff.   

All I know now, is that I export a video file from Cake, choose export MPEG4 video and everything works...and works well.

Thank you Cakewalk bakers again!

I do mostly audio post for video and always cut & print at 48k/24b because all of my video post mixing stages require that as a minimum. So therefore, there is no rendering necessary in any of the audio/dialogue/foley tracks that I send.

The video editor I use Movie Studio Platinum or what was Sony Vegas is  as capable as any DAW with its audio. I can use most of my audio plug ins and it seems to use any wave audio format I drop in there. 
Sound Forge is even built in. 

When I make music videos I might have 3 cameras with audio. I simply take my Cakewalk export of the song and line it up using the count in.  I then kill all the camera audio.  Because i use backing tracks they always sync up 

Edited by John Vere