Unable to Activate CWBBL

JamPro

Hello.  Today, I launched CWBBL and got the dreaded "activation required" notice. 

1) I tried Help/Refresh Activation.  The Band Lab Assistant wants me to sign in.  The Band Lab Assistant never recognizes my user name.  So I try to sign in using my email address.  When I do, the CW Preference page launches and the BLA sign in goes away.  Cannot refresh activation.

2) I tried to activate by launching Band Lab Assistant.  The Band Lab Assistant has a drop down list with Refresh Activation.  I click on that and nothing happens.

Please Please Please - if CWBBL is going to require activation every six months, please make if work right.  

How do I refresh activation?   Thx.

Never mind.  I was able to Refresh Activation using the Offline Activation Request - which worked exactly as described and without a hiccup.

OK CWBBL - I have identified three bugs I encountered when trying to Refresh Activation.  If you insist that users must Refresh Activation every six months, this process should be as trouble-free as possible to avoid alienating your users.  I spent 90 minutes trouble-shooting your Refresh Activation procedures: that was 90 minutes I repeatedly wondered why I was fussing with CWBBL, instead of productively using your competitor's software (Reaper) to complete musical tasks.

The three bugs I identified:

1) Even tho' the Band Lab web-pages will greet me with my correct user name, the Band Lab log-in will not allow me to log in using that correct user name: I have to log in using my email address.

2) The Refresh Activation button on the drop-down list on the Band Lab Assistant app does not function.  Clicking on it does nothing at all.

3) When using the Help/Refresh Activation command in CWBBL, trying to enter the keystroke "p" in the User name/Email address box will close the Refresh Activation window and launch the CWBBL Preferences window.  When using the Help/Refresh Activation command in CWBBL, trying to enter the keystroke "c" in the User name/Email address box will shift the focus to the CWBBL Task Bar.   Neither the keystrokes "p" or "c" can be used to enter a name or email address in the User name/Email address box.  The same might be true of other keystrokes as well: I didn't try all the keys.

I hope your team can address and correct these problems.   As a user, I can tell you that spending 90 minutes to Refresh Activation is a powerful incentive to me to use Reaper and avoid CWBBL.

Thanks for reading.

15 hours ago, JamPro said:

Never mind.  I was able to Refresh Activation using the Offline Activation Request - which worked exactly as described and without a hiccup.

OK CWBBL - I have identified three bugs I encountered when trying to Refresh Activation.  If you insist that users must Refresh Activation every six months, this process should be as trouble-free as possible to avoid alienating your users.  I spent 90 minutes trouble-shooting your Refresh Activation procedures: that was 90 minutes I repeatedly wondered why I was fussing with CWBBL, instead of productively using your competitor's software (Reaper) to complete musical tasks.

The three bugs I identified:

1) Even tho' the Band Lab web-pages will greet me with my correct user name, the Band Lab log-in will not allow me to log in using that correct user name: I have to log in using my email address.

2) The Refresh Activation button on the drop-down list on the Band Lab Assistant app does not function.  Clicking on it does nothing at all.

3) When using the Help/Refresh Activation command in CWBBL, trying to enter the keystroke "p" in the User name/Email address box will close the Refresh Activation window and launch the CWBBL Preferences window.  When using the Help/Refresh Activation command in CWBBL, trying to enter the keystroke "c" in the User name/Email address box will shift the focus to the CWBBL Task Bar.   Neither the keystrokes "p" or "c" can be used to enter a name or email address in the User name/Email address box.  The same might be true of other keystrokes as well: I didn't try all the keys.

I hope your team can address and correct these problems.   As a user, I can tell you that spending 90 minutes to Refresh Activation is a powerful incentive to me to use Reaper and avoid CWBBL.

Thanks for reading.

@JamPro Which version of Cakewalk are you running and what version of Windows?

On 9/1/2021 at 6:39 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

you are running an old version and many such issues have been fixed since then. Update to the latest using this installer
Also Win 7 is not supported as stated in the install message. It is not tested anymore by us and you use it at your own risk,

At which version you stopped testing it on Windows 7? I still have 2020.11 (build 099) 64 bit. And I'd also like to ask to get rid of the six months reactivation request. Does it apply to the off-line method as well? Or can I bypass it with off-line activation done only once per computer/system?