The Sailing Song - Sonata no.1a

dr.hash

And for my next trick...The Sailing Song. Whilst the work is in sonata form...to most it would sound like prog rock :). The 3d animation and music theme is sci fi...oh yea, there is even a giant AI bot at the end lasering a solider lol!  I'm a dab hand with SFXs these days Enjoy. 

On 4/25/2019 at 7:38 PM, daryl1968 said:

wow - that was a trip!

I'm sure that was quite an undertaking musically and visually

Thanks Daryl - actually because I've been working on workflows in regards to animation...the animation only took 3 weeks or so to complete. Having an Acer Predator Helios laptop with 6 cores, overclocking built in, 8 gig gpu and 32gig of ram helps. And the sonata was composed in 2017...that took no more than 3 weeks too. Although I remixed and mastered for the animation which I did over the last 3 weeks. I have worked really hard on both skill sets. And that's where the undertaking really was...almost 20 years of practice and experiments to the point it could be said - Beethoven would be proud 😊😎.

That's not an ego statement either - I am working on movement 1 of my Star Trek piss take at the moment. Music is 2/3rds done...and I am preparing animation as we speak. And if I'm right...I should be able to create a fairly similar aesthetic to Hollywood in regards to space scenes. It's in the luts, filmic and lighting. I have all the star trek starship models...creative commons. I use Makehuman for my digital actors...I sculpt these characters. I have a Kirk model almost ready and my avatar will play Spock. Makehuman has an excellent wardrobe. Someone nice has created all the uniforms too lol. Now this is an undertaking lol. 

Thanks 

Well holy cranoli, that was a show. Nice trip, and an obvious major project with all those contributors.

The music was pretty cool from the point of view of composition. I was hearing some timing issues with drum hits not syncing, but did you intend it to be a little off? Kind of fits the "journey" you take us on, actually. 

Dug the melodies and lyrics, but with all the visuals going on, the music kind of takes a back seat on this one, for me anyways. 

cheers,

-Tom

On 4/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Well holy cranoli, that was a show. Nice trip, and an obvious major project with all those contributors.

The music was pretty cool from the point of view of composition. I was hearing some timing issues with drum hits not syncing, but did you intend it to be a little off? Kind of fits the "journey" you take us on, actually. 

Dug the melodies and lyrics, but with all the visuals going on, the music kind of takes a back seat on this one, for me anyways. 

cheers,

-Tom

Hi Tom - thanks for watching. Yes there maybe some slight timing variations. This is because I was still working out how to play a rhythm guitar part as the guide track, and layer the rest over the top. I also used digital varispeed on the slower sections as well, which also slured the notes too. I've actually worked out how to lay a guitar track as a guide track and layer everything over the top now - without the slight timing issues. But as you said...those timing variations help the piece have a rolling sea feeling. 

Thanks for all the others who have viewed. 

Ben