Who Needs Spitfire? (When You Can Have This) $12

lawajava

Lather it on thick!

Take Me to Bittersweet

BITTER SWEET SYMPHONY STRINGS FOR KONTAKT!

BITTER SWEET SYMPHONY STRINGS FOR KONTAKT

A dream comes true, because even as a teenager in the 90s we dreamed of this inevitable string lick from this unbelievably great song that still touches us very much.

Now the years have passed and we could not find a string library that could imitate this particularly V*RVE sound.

So we had to take matters into our own hands. And now the time has finally come.

We made it!

With the help of a suitable space, a talented string quartet, tape, and "Sample Dubplate Method" we tried to get the sound almost so that we can now say, yes, the result convinces us with its naturalness, imperfection, and the overall sound.

Thanks to the well-known PastToFuture Quality Gear Chain, in which we only used the finest analog gear and did not spare great efforts, we have created a phenomenal result with the "round-robin behavior script" that is now available for you to purchase.

In addition to the brilliant sound of the string library, it should be emphasized that within one (I repeat only ONE) MIDI track a complete, convincing string arrangement can be created foolproof and without great effort.

Check out the demo!

Here are the main features:

*24bit/48kHz

*Easy to use simple Kontakt interface!

*Mixable PTF IR Reverb

*"Round-Robin and Velocity behavior"

*Mix-ready strings, you get what you hear!

*Kontakt 5.4.3

We are proud to bring you sounds you can’t find anywhere else!

© Past to Future Reverbs

• Like 2

Just watched the YouTube clip... Anyone else find the Pat AI creepy as *****? 😳

First impressions from the YouTube clip. It's an approximation of Bittersweet symphony, but the more intricate parts show off its weakness.

Edited by Philip G Hunt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Just watched to YouTube clip... Anyone else find the Pat AI creepy as *****? 😳

First impressions from the YouTube clip. It's an approximation of Bittersweet symphony, but the more intricate parts show off its weakness.

Yeah, I've wasted more money on more things than I can count, but this guy really put me off.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Bittersweet Symphony!

That string part was also used in a song called Solo

Interesting how one can come up with a great line and repeat it over and over and it works.

You could probably use this song to basically sell any string library.  Most people are probably too into the riff and not the quality of the library.  One could use GPO or one of those not so great NI strings in Konplete. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I'm sure most of us have "better" strings to do this with!

But I do LOVE the song!

You can do a search for a midi file and download it.  I won't post any links because these midis are probably a copyright violation.  I might have to try this with my recent 8dio strings, brass, and Liberis, all orchestral,

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Interesting how one can come up with a great line and repeat it over and over and it works.

They tried this tactic again on a slightly more recent song: Love is Noise. IMO, it sounds like a loop of Pingu chuckling and doesn't really work for me; I'm sure others love the sound though.

4 minutes ago, chimkin2 said:

You know it was actually from an Orchestral arrangement of a Rolling Stone songs right ? 

"Nearly from the get-go, however, the tune's authorship was challenged: The Verve's lead singer, Ashcroft, wrote the lyrics, but the song's instrumentals leaned heavily on a version of the Stones' "The Last Time" — specifically, on an orchestral arrangement recorded in 1965 by the Andrew Oldham Orchestra, a side project from Andrew Loog Oldham, the Stones' manager and record producer, who enlisted various session musicians and arranger David Whitaker to create symphonic versions of Stones songs."

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/23/726227555/not-bitter-just-sweet-the-rolling-stones-give-royalties-to-the-verve

• Like 1