Jesse Jost

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Celebration

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Contest [Closed]  

977 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What feature area would you like us to focus on next?

• Audio editing
    • Instruments and effects
    • MIDI editing
    • Songwriting tools
    • UI / UX

Happy Anniversary! Actually, I'm so overwhelmed with what you've done already, I'm totally satisfied with any further enhancements or developments! Thanks much! 

i would honestly like to see some all around development and intergration. i like the workflow and the instruments and guitar and drum equipment that is available.. but what is dont understand is that trials for certain products; i wouldnt have installed things if i knew they werent included which is why i could see people being frustrated and dropping CakeWalk all together for other freeware DAWs. now i went from pro tools to reaper to T7 and then now landing on cakewalk and jsut so happens to be a point inwhere i can voice my opinion and hopefully help CakeWalk become a new standard in  Audio Development. This is my passion and what im about making music and helping others get thier projects done.  since i started on mp8 and have tried to grow with protools along the way ive went broke..lol and had to look at other cheaper DAWs like Harrison mixbus and Reaper. So ive been invovled with alot of crash coarses on youtube and talked with every engineer i can from Mr. Warren Huart, in west hollywood LA - Glenn Fricker in Canada. and the consensus is that we need full compatability with aax. au. rtas. vst 1-2--3-i, [(all plugin support and touchscreen compatability, not just for Slate raven sustems but all p.o.s(point of sale) monitors)] i love the fact that this is a windows based os and think that this should remain exclusive since there is noone to hold only the windows os. and in its exclusivity Cakewalk could provide in its entirety, certain processes that werent readily available in its pro series of the DAW.

Compatability between windows 10 and all legacy audio interfaces and current renditions of audio hardware. As well as intergrated audio processing accellerator cards for mass cisq computing  and processing. not like avids hd/hdx/ultimate line.. cards that would work with existing audio developer cards and not conflict with mass computing equations from plug in processing and hardcore mixing sessions.

i want to personally help create themes and templates if i have support from cakewalk. i would love to know more about this DAW and its workflow its in s and outs.

I was surprised to see that the poll currently shows a strong preference for a focus on audio editing features, by a wide margin.

Curious to know what seems to be lacking in that area? Cakewalk already seems to offer abundant features for audio editing and mixing as it stands today.

Surely the other features deserve more love from the developers, as those represent areas with the weakest competitive strengths vs. competitors!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abacab said:

I was surprised to see that the poll currently shows a strong preference for a focus on audio editing features, by a wide margin.

Curious to know what seems to be lacking in that area? Cakewalk already seems to offer abundant features for audio editing and mixing as it stands today.

Surely the other features deserve more love from the developers, as those represent areas with the weakest competitive strengths vs. competitors!

Good question?  I haven't scanned the entire thread but hope to see what I'm missing.

Granted I would like to see the effects (ProChannel/VSTs) from Sonar brought into Bandlab's Cakewalk.

Edited by kzmaier

11 hours ago, abacab said:

I see the following audio editing lacks:

• Fixing the current bugs in audio editing (e.g. take lanes, there are a couple of bugs)
  • Audio restoration functions (Yes, I know you could see this either belonging to FX. But It's depending on your point of view)
  • Spectral editing

In the end I think it is BandLab or the development team that has to define the priorities. But I think we have to RESPECT the opinion of the majority of users here and not try to draw the opinion into our own preference's direction! 😄 I have read all above and I see that there are also many voices for further bug fixing (including me!).

20 minutes ago, marled said:

I see the following audio editing lacks:

• Fixing the current bugs in audio editing (e.g. take lanes, there are a couple of bugs)
  • Audio restoration functions (Yes, I know you could see this either belonging to FX. But It's depending on your point of view)
  • Spectral editing

In the end I think it is BandLab or the development team that has to define the priorities. But I think we have to RESPECT the opinion of the majority of users here and not try to draw the opinion into our own preference's direction! 😄 I have read all above and I see that there are also many voices for further bug fixing (including me!).

Agree, but I assume that the poll was about feature requests. Bug fixes are already in progress.

• Like 1

Hi. 

I first used cakewalk in 2001 .  Never looked back. Just not able to be effective in any  other DAW.  I voted for more midi features.

Cheers,

Baker Vere

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

On 4/25/2019 at 12:38 AM, Jesse Jost said:

Cakewalk 1 year.jpg

One year ago, we had the opportunity to breathe new life into Cakewalk. Today, as Cakewalk by BandLab, we reflect upon our journey this past year and some notable achievements: 

• Delivering a free professional DAW for all - cost is no longer a barrier to advanced music production!  
  • Regular updates delivering significant stability and performance enhancements
  • 3rd party integration, including élastique, ARA and VST support enhancements, and many new features, including:
    • Integrated industry standard élastique pro time/pitch stretching
    • AudioSnap enhancements
    • Advanced multi-track piano-roll MIDI editing and event filtering 
    • VST compatibility and plug-in management improvements and optimizations
    • Updated UI themes
    • Publish stems and mixes to BandLab cloud directly from Cakewalk

Other exciting developments are underway that we’ll be sharing soon! 

But by far the most rewarding part of the journey has been the support of a vibrant and growing community of new users and long time supporters, who have made a home in our new discussion forums. Whether you’re a long time Cakewalk user or just getting started, we hope you’ve had a chance to dig in and make some great music with CbB. Your voices, support and enthusiasm have been instrumental to the success of Cakewalk by BandLab.

In celebration of our first anniversary milestone, we’ll award one lucky member of our community a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface. With 8 mic/line combo inputs, the 18i20 is a great choice for recording the whole band, or miking up a full drum set. We used an 18i20 to record some performances at NAMM this year, and we want you to have one, too!

To enter the contest, simply participate in this poll to select which feature area you would like us to focus on next. There’s no wrong answer but we’d love to hear what you think! 

Participation in the poll is open to all Cakewalk by BandLab users. If you haven’t done so already, you can:

1. Sign up for a BandLab account
  2. Connect to the Forum with your BandLab account

Then take the poll to help inform our next steps!

The competition ends May 8, 2019. The winner will be randomly selected and notified via email by May 15, 2019. Please see complete terms and conditions.

With gratitude,
The Bakers and all at BandLab

Hi ,thanks a lot for one year great support and hard work for improving cakewalk by band lab . I would  like to see  these options in cakewalk new update 1- ability to enlarge fader size 2- midi micro tuning 3- audio file tempo ditection  4- audio clip transpose like in studio one 5-audio track chord ditection  .thank you.

Edited by Hossein Sadr Arhami

I’ve been using Cakewalk since 8.5 music production and engineering I love the DAW.  Very glad to see you guys doing updates this is very important for me. Making it a more dependable DAW nothing is worse the having to explain to a client that your software is failing in the middle of a session. Please keep up the good work. Thanks

I also started using Cakewalk in 1990s, but only for simple things. Since Sonar X3 I've been using it more and learning more too with help from  forum users.

Thank you BandLab to keep this awesome DAW alive!

Edited by mgustavo

hI. I've used Cakewalk/SONAR since '98, starting with Pro Audio 9.

I then jumped to SONAR2 (XL), upgraded to SONAR 4 Producer (when available), and stayed there until X3 (quite a big jump), before updating to Splat when it became available.

After the shutdown from Gibson, I started shopping for backup DAW's and ended getting with Studio One Pro as my backup.

Panic struck me, and I started to use S1 as a 2ndary DAW. I'm torn between them. I know CbB by heart, but love some of the features in S1 that's still missing in CbB.

MID learning is so much easier in S1, and so is HW integration, the chord track and the scratch pad.

But I have to learn S1 in a way I do not need to in Cbb, as it's been my main DAW for so long..

Seems I've got the best of both worlds now.

All the best.

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

As a longtime user of Cakewalk, since I started making music using Home Studio 2004, I also was really concerened about the future of Sonar because I spent most time with Producer 8.5 & then X2a!  I hadn't been using SPlat for long when development stopped so it was worrying times however, I'm really pleased to see the outcome, that is Bandlab taking over the core & continuing development so Happy Birthday guys & long live Cakewalk!

Meantime, while I voted for Audio enhancements, I wanted to add that as I use Cakewalk as a sequncer too, I believe that the continued development of the MIDI aspect is also very important because as we can see, hardware is far from dead & is probably more popular now than it has been in a very longtime so the integration of hardware through MIDI sequencing within the DAW is more important than ever.

In fact, I'm probably a bit old school in that I firstly sequence most things then I record it to audio; I find that approach more flexible.

Lastly, I used Cakewalk's in-bulit effects quite a lot because from Producer 8.5, there were some great additions to the bundled software but for me, the introduction of ProChannel was really the game changer so continued development here I feel is equally important.

I know I'm close to asking for the moon on a stick, but there you go, I voted & I fed some comments back so I've done my bit, as I always did using another alias in the old forum; over & out!

Many thanks, Richard. 🙂

I've been a Sonar user since I started making and producing music. I've tried other DAWs but I keep coming back to Cakewalk. I just wish a MacOs version would be realize soon as I would love to work on a cross OS platform. Long Live Cakewalk because we need you..

Been using Sonar from version 1 and purchased  every version since on day 1.

A few years ago, I won a Nektar Panorama in a giveaway and I’d love to use the same integrations it has with other DAWs.  It’s the only missing feature from Sonar that I’m missing.  When I thought I’d never see another Sonar product, I was looking for a replacement DAW with support for it. 

Been here since the Good Old DoS Days and it keeps getting better.  Why use anything else? 😁👏🏻👏🏿👍

Here's a crazy idea: Would it be possible to make some 'hot buttons' voice activated?

Something like "Hey! Cakewalk, hit record!" To start the record function.

Happy birthday, please make midi editing improvement, it will be great...

I am so glad that BandLab keeps Cakewalk alive. I am a user from the first hour. I once made tryed other software, but it did not work for me.  Adding Cakewalk to BandLab makes it easyer for me to create while i am on the road or (for example) at a birthday party and finish my work in the studio. 

Keep on creating!!!