Jesse Jost

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Celebration

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Contest [Closed]  

977 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What feature area would you like us to focus on next?

• Audio editing
    • Instruments and effects
    • MIDI editing
    • Songwriting tools
    • UI / UX

My introduction to Cakewalk was 4.0A that I purchased in the 90s. Installed in on my 386SX PC running DOS 5.0 and Windows 3.11. :) Kept upgrading through the years (Pro Audio then SONAR). Glad to know that it still lives.

Cakewalk4.0A.jpg

Edited by Randall K. Harp
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Randall K. Harp said:

My introduction to Cakewalk was 4.0A that I purchased in the 90s. Installed in on my 386SX PC running DOS 5.0 and Windows 3.11. :) Kept upgrading through the years (Pro Audio then SONAR). Glad to know that it still lives.

Cakewalk4.0A.jpg

I think it is safe for you to discard that disc 😉

Can someone provide me with a link to the poll? I dont seem to be able to locate it. Or is it the one question that is asked at the top of this topic about what we want to see Bandlab focus on next? If so i selected my choice but wasnt led to believe i had taken part in a competition?

Thanks

Congrats on the 1 year anniversary. I selected more songwriting tools, but please continue with the bug fixes and stability/performance enhancements. That is number one for me. Also, I would like to see CbB extend the existing ARA technology and add ARA 2 compatibility.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

• Like 1

I hope I can vote for more than one :D

+1 for MIDI Editing. I work with MIDI a LOT so an improvement would be great!

I love sonar and will never leave it but the past decade has been very frustrating with glitches, crashes, extremely slow load times and incompatibility with plugins and external hardware. I just want it to load up smoothly and handle plugins better.

• Like 1

Update Tempo view  Please !!!!!

Tempo view would be nice if the tempo curve  like an Automation lane with movable, selectable and tilt-able nodes

and please make the transform tool available for tempo view.

May a tempo track  and a marker track is a good solution.

Been having issues with plug ins not remembering settings , also pro channel is all on when I open a basic template provided by cakewalk. I have to turn off all the prochannel sections before tracking so I don't hear the effects of the pug ins after I record. I have been using Cakewalk since version 7. It is my main daw at this point. Thanks it is a great program! Todd

• Like 1

Ive been using Sonar/Bandlab since about 2009 , still love it have tried others but just get on with them like i can this daw. A bit more stability would be good though some great changes have been made. keep up the great work bandlab! 

• Like 1

I have learned so much since I first picked up Cakewalk.  I like the collaboration of Bandlab.  I literally tell everybody I know all the time to take advantage of the opportunity and community.  I want to see it grow and become more involved.  Thanks BL!

9 hours ago, brandon said:

Can someone provide me with a link to the poll? I dont seem to be able to locate it. Or is it the one question that is asked at the top of this topic about what we want to see Bandlab focus on next? If so i selected my choice but wasnt led to believe i had taken part in a competition?

Thanks

It's at the top of this page.

Maybe this sounds annoying and repetitive, but: For me stability is first when it comes to complex applications like this, so fixing as many bugs as possible would be the best choice IMO, follow in second place by Audio Editing.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I voted for song writing tools, ala chord track / detection, chord assistant, staff view improvements, matrix view improvements, ARA2 support, etc.

Longtime  Cakewalk user have a " Lifetime Subscription: to Sonar Platinum... I use it more or less every day. My major complaint is that there are still bugs and inconsistencies that will ruin my project, especially when I am working on a large orchestral work with more than 50 channels. When I save the project it will mix up all the midi paths or audio samples will be mixed up, sometimes I can salvage it sometimes not. This is a serious bug that has me looking over at Cubase 10 Pro, I can not afford to have a project" bug out" on me after weeks of work . Bandlab needs to iron the audio engine/ midi engine/memory issues..forget about the bells and whistles, they are pointless unless you have a rock-solid DAW . Solve this and you will have my full endorsement and should you decide to reinstate the " Lifetime Membership" subscription for a fee, if you've solved this.. you will have my support! Sonar was getting close, so close to resolving these issues when Gibson decided to pull the plug and left all of us hanging in the wind. Here is a golden opportunity to right a wrong and win back  many former Cakewalk users

• Like 1

Congrats and appreciation , Love it....

I would also vote for a bit more optimization  , the ol gal has gotten a little sluggish in many areas that it seems it should be more snappy,

and I would also vote for focus on old bugs and nags that have been lingering for some time now... 

Thanks, thats my input for what its worth.... thanks in advance :) 

• Like 1