Jesse Jost

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Celebration

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Contest [Closed]  

977 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What feature area would you like us to focus on next?

• Audio editing
    • Instruments and effects
    • MIDI editing
    • Songwriting tools
    • UI / UX

8 hours ago, AndreLafontaine said:

I am a long time Cakewalk Platinum User who paid for the lifetime updates before the transition to Bandlab. Still working well for me. So far so good! Thanks to keep Cakewalk alive and well!

Same here! Since the relaunch by BandLab I have recommended it every time I've  had the chance to do so ... and I have reaped nothing but "thank yous".

I have just started using Cakewalk recently when I found out that it is now free. I find it one of the easiest DAWs to work with! The things that could be improved are:

• crashes and bugfixes
  • included VST instruments (the ones that are included right now are amazing, but we could def benefit from more drum gooves and presets!)

Thank you for providing us with the updates. Truly great DAW!

I've only been using Cakewalk since 2008, but I'm still very grateful that you kept it going.

I know it's not likely, but I'm hoping if you guys ever decide to drop support for Cakewalk that you'll make it open source so I still get my money's worth for that lifetime membership fee. :)

Para algunos es ya un anciano , para mí es el mejor , no hay nada igual que Cakewalk, es la mejor herramienta el mejor Daw . 23 años de usarlo y su versatilidad su fuerza capacidad herramientas en fin , no existe nada mejor que Cakewalk. Me gustaría hubiera versión para Mac

I cut my teeth on Cakewalk 9 and Guitar Tracks Pro.  Digital audio production has come a long way, but I've always felt at home in the Cakewalk suite of products.

Altho I've only been here since the aquisition, I'm getting excited over previous features coming back to Cakewalk/SONAR. 

Oh, and it's no brainer, I systematically recommend Cakewalk by BandLab to anyone searching for a free DAW.

Even myself, I'm an FL Studio user and own a fully featured licence of it, yet I still find interest in using Cakewalk from time to time. 

I have deep respect for Cakewalk. My music school all students use Cakewalk by Bandlab and they make comparisons with competitors and actually prefer Cakewalk 2019 for the quality of the tools. I teach with Cakewalk and see all my investment from years ago when I started studying Cakewalk products at the time of Cakewalk Pro Audio 8. Today it's amazing to give music students the opportunity to have all this power in hand for free. I am a super fan and I have deep gratitude for Cake. Thank you, I have had the great pleasure of even doing my part and giving my donation at the launch of Cakewalk by Bandlab. I've already voted and I believe that Bandlab / Cakewalk could now focus on new and native VSTI and VST. It would also be interesting to focus on this.

• Like 3

I get great compliments on my mixes now that I am using Cakewalk by BandLab. Thanks for taking up the torch and keeping Sonar and Cakewalk alive!

• Like 1

I have been using Cakewalk since the 1990s.  Bandlab has done an excellent job. Many thanks for preserving this software. I have used other DAW applications from a few other companies, but Cakewalk has always been my favorite. While you are considering what to update next it would be great if you updated some of the features that originally came with Sonar but were not included in the Bandlab version. For example, instruments like Session Drummer and Rapture. There are probably many new people who have not used or experienced these instruments. As a music instructor, I recommend Cakewalk to all my students. But I don't provide them with things like Session Drummer because I don't want to engage in piracy. Instead, I recommend other free drum apps, but session drummer is better than the free ones that are available.

Thank You for all you have done. It is much appreciated.

• Like 1

Congrats to the Cakewalk team and to BandLab for keeping the dream alive.

Now where is the Chord Track/detection (ala Studio One) and Song Arranger (ala Studio One or Reaper)? 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm using Sonar since Cakewalk start with this incredible DAW.

I likes a lot this program and I use or for composing and mastering.

I think Is really really near to the best DAW likes protools.

Edited by Ivano Lambertucci
Error word