Jesse Jost

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Celebration

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Contest [Closed]  

977 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What feature area would you like us to focus on next?

• Audio editing
    • Instruments and effects
    • MIDI editing
    • Songwriting tools
    • UI / UX

I'm crying out for improvement on Aux and Bus channels to make the stereo field more effective without using extra plugins.  All that needs to be done is to separate mono and stereo individually to give us control over the stereo fields. So, basically we would have the option to insert a mono or stereo channel with the two knobs on the stereo channels on each Bus and Aux channel strips, for a more effective control over the stereo fields.

See files attached.

Edited by Willsa

23 minutes ago, Willsa said:

I'm crying out for improvement on Aux and Bus channels to make the stereo field more effective without using extra plugins.  All that needs to be done is to separate mono and stereo individually to give us control over the stereo fields. So, basically we would have the option to insert a mono or stereo channel with the two knobs on the stereo channels on each Bus and Aux channel strips, for a more effective control over the stereo fields.

See files attached.

Bus.jpg

Vocals.jpg

Without getting into a discussion of the merits of your idea, wouldn't it be better to make your suggestion in the Feedback Loop section of the forum?  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/

The idea would get more views and there would be more opportunity to discuss and refine the idea.

I've been using Cakewalk/Sonar products since 1995.  Always appreciated Cakewalk's excellent customer support.  Good to see the results of the poll.  Please continue to poll the Cakewalk users/members each year.

58 minutes ago, Anderson Andreah said:

Hi

Where I can find cakewalk for macOS?

Thanks

Sorry. Cakewalk is only Windows.

Paul

Love you guys! Brilliant software, sooo glad.  😄

FYI: Cakewalk has been used for a recording made in space.

Keep the good stuff going!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Improved stability for playlists.  It seems that projects are not unloaded as they finish playing.  When I freeze all tracks the play list view seems to work pretty well.

Some better way to enter lyrics.  Maybe just a alt view where lyrics are tied to time only.

An easier to use, seamless audio to midi converter with an integrated tweaking interface for conversion.  Monophonic is ok.  Polyphonic would be even better.

BTW - I paid for the platinum package.  I dont mind paying something yearly to insure that Cakewalk continues and is supported.

• Like 1

Thanks for this great daw.

I tried LMMS, Ableton Live 10 Lite, FL Studio 20, Reaper but every time I return to Cakewalk.

I don't know why exactly but I like to work with it with no limitations.

My first wish would be a better integration of controllers (I have an Arturia Minilab MK2) with their mapping. In Ableton Live, it's very easy to use knobs and assign them.

My second wish and I think it would be great for many new users who play EDM is to rethink the matrix view and make it more "Live".

Many Thanks for your job

PS : I'm french so my english may not be very understandable 😅

• Like 4

I've been using Cake since Greg's first DOS release. Back in the saddle -- what a relief (after I paid for lifetime updates and then Sonar got dumped). Thanks BandLab!

• Like 1

You get 2 years of new features and bug fixes that have been delivered at a rate comparable (arguably superior) to previous years, and any bundled content you previously acquired with SONAR purchases or as add-ons will continue to work in CbB (Cakewalk by Bandlab). If you're installing on a new machine that doesn't have SONAR 17.10 and all your older content and plugins on it, you will want to re-install that stuff first, as much if it is no longer included with CbB. But core program features are all there, and then some.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

@Alfred Williams, Cakewalk by BandLab is based on the final release by of Sonar Platinum.  It is compatible with any 64 bit content previously bundled with any version of Sonar.  Optional Cakewalk by BandLab content includes the TTS-1 midi sound module, Studio Instrument VSTi suite, Drum Replacer, GU Theme Editor and the trial version of Melodyne Essential.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 7:55 PM, Leadfoot said:

And still no offline authorization..😕

You can do the following. Use your smartphone as router for a sec and authorize Cakewalk, and do the same 6 months after.

Edit: but yes it would be nice to have offline authorization.

Edited by Feral State Sound
  • Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 10:25 PM, AndreLafontaine said:

I am a long time Cakewalk Platinum User who paid for the lifetime updates before the transition to Bandlab. Still working well for me. So far so good! Thanks to keep Cakewalk alive and well!

Me too!  I was kinda scared there at the beginning, but the transition to bandlab has been great - good work fellas!

• Like 1

Congrats on 1 year.  Always look forward to future improvements.  Thank you.

Suggestion:  Since my computer gets bogged down in audio the more I add, could there be a way to disable (or on/off) the Arrangement section of each file, once we've finalized our song arrangement?  Not sure if it will help, but it can't hurt.

Thanks,

Ron