Jesse Jost

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Celebration

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Contest [Closed]  

977 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What feature area would you like us to focus on next?

• Audio editing
    • Instruments and effects
    • MIDI editing
    • Songwriting tools
    • UI / UX

Cakewalk 1 year.jpg

One year ago, we had the opportunity to breathe new life into Cakewalk. Today, as Cakewalk by BandLab, we reflect upon our journey this past year and some notable achievements: 

• Delivering a free professional DAW for all - cost is no longer a barrier to advanced music production!  
  • Regular updates delivering significant stability and performance enhancements
  • 3rd party integration, including élastique, ARA and VST support enhancements, and many new features, including:
    • Integrated industry standard élastique pro time/pitch stretching
    • AudioSnap enhancements
    • Advanced multi-track piano-roll MIDI editing and event filtering 
    • VST compatibility and plug-in management improvements and optimizations
    • Updated UI themes
    • Publish stems and mixes to BandLab cloud directly from Cakewalk

Other exciting developments are underway that we’ll be sharing soon! 

But by far the most rewarding part of the journey has been the support of a vibrant and growing community of new users and long time supporters, who have made a home in our new discussion forums. Whether you’re a long time Cakewalk user or just getting started, we hope you’ve had a chance to dig in and make some great music with CbB. Your voices, support and enthusiasm have been instrumental to the success of Cakewalk by BandLab.

In celebration of our first anniversary milestone, we’ll award one lucky member of our community a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface. With 8 mic/line combo inputs, the 18i20 is a great choice for recording the whole band, or miking up a full drum set. We used an 18i20 to record some performances at NAMM this year, and we want you to have one, too!

To enter the contest, simply participate in this poll to select which feature area you would like us to focus on next. There’s no wrong answer but we’d love to hear what you think! 

Participation in the poll is open to all Cakewalk by BandLab users. If you haven’t done so already, you can:

1. Sign up for a BandLab account
  2. Connect to the Forum with your BandLab account

Then take the poll to help inform our next steps!

The competition ends May 8, 2019. The winner will be randomly selected and notified via email by May 15, 2019. Please see complete terms and conditions.

With gratitude,
The Bakers and all at BandLab

• Like 33
  • Thanks 12
  • Great Idea 3

Posted (edited)

I am a long time Cakewalk Platinum User who paid for the lifetime updates before the transition to Bandlab. Still working well for me. So far so good! Thanks to keep Cakewalk alive and well!

Edited by AndreLafontaine
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I have been with cakewalk since the DOS days of 2.0.....so a long time fogey user here:)….keep up the great work Cakewalk....

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jesse Jost said:

Cakewalk 1 year.jpg

One year ago, we had the opportunity to breathe new life into Cakewalk. Today, as Cakewalk by BandLab, we reflect upon our journey this past year and some notable achievements: 

• Delivering a free professional DAW for all - cost is no longer a barrier to advanced music production!  
  • Regular updates delivering significant stability and performance enhancements
  • 3rd party integration, including élastique, ARA and VST support enhancements, and many new features, including:
    • Integrated industry standard élastique pro time/pitch stretching
    • AudioSnap enhancements
    • Advanced multi-track piano-roll MIDI editing and event filtering 
    • VST compatibility and plug-in management improvements and optimizations
    • Updated UI themes
    • Publish stems and mixes to BandLab cloud directly from Cakewalk

Other exciting developments are underway that we’ll be sharing soon! 

But by far the most rewarding part of the journey has been the support of a vibrant and growing community of new users and long time supporters, who have made a home in our new discussion forums. Whether you’re a long time Cakewalk user or just getting started, we hope you’ve had a chance to dig in and make some great music with CbB. Your voices, support and enthusiasm have been instrumental to the success of Cakewalk by BandLab.

In celebration of our first anniversary milestone, we’ll award one lucky member of our community a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface. With 8 mic/line combo inputs, the 18i20 is a great choice for recording the whole band, or miking up a full drum set. We used an 18i20 to record some performances at NAMM this year, and we want you to have one, too!

To enter the contest, simply participate in this poll to select which feature area you would like us to focus on next. There’s no wrong answer but we’d love to hear what you think! 

Participation in the poll is open to all Cakewalk by BandLab users. If you haven’t done so already, you can:

1. Sign up for a BandLab account
  2. Connect to the Forum with your BandLab account

Then take the poll to help inform our next steps!

The competition ends May 8, 2019. The winner will be randomly selected and notified via email by May 15, 2019. Please see complete terms and conditions.

With gratitude,
The Bakers and all at BandLab

uso cakewalk des do sonar platinum não me arrependo dessa daw pra a melhor!!!!

Love it do far, had some issues and bandlab helped out... I do have one small issue with the THU guitar software but it is what it is 

Posted (edited)

I think I've been using Cakewalk since 'Pro Audio 4.0' (that's a looong time), thanks for keeping it alive

Edited by Andrés Conesa
  • Like 1

I've been a paid user of the old Sonar for many years. For me it's all about workflow and getting comfortable with the interface and getting my work done with ease. Man you guys are awesome with what you've done over the years. The new Cakewalk is even better, feels a lot snappier and alot less buggy. And I'm glad Cakewalk is free now. Such an awesome DAW. My primary weapon of choice🤗 I'm so glad Cakewalk is breathing again after the brief shutdown. Thank you to the Cakewalk Team for all these years👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Long time user (since Cakewalk Pro 9, but mostly from Sonar 5 Producer), I was pissed when Sonar was put on hold, but relieved when Bandlab took over.
It's been going smoothly since then. Thank you guys for keeping Cakewalk alive. Keep up the good work!

If you want to know what should be done next, continue focusing on fixing bug and improving stability, that's probably the most important.

Regarding features, I suggest you watch the competition closely and steal any good idea and praised features from other DAWs. And of course, listen to the community. I know you cannot do everything at the same time, but we want to put our faith in you, so... cheers!

For the sake of customization, it would also be great if you could improve the Theme Editor, and try to make every single element on screen customizable. There are still some stuff that aren't accessible, or elements that share common options and if you change one, you'll change the other as well. Vectorial UI would be nice so we can change the size of anything without losing details. Not a priority, but a nice idea.

Edited by Grebz
  • Like 1

There has been an extreme influx of new members for the last 24 hours and all it took was the possibility to win a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface. Why didn’t anyone come up with that idea before?

• Haha 5

I am so happy for what Cakewalk is doing. The only area I have been crying out for an improvement is in audio and midi editing. There is a way bandlab can simply editing to beat other daws like cubase. Clip gain can be made simpler by just hovering mouse on it and lifting it up or down....this should affect the wave to show the impact on the wave size. I also pleaded Cakewalk to make duplicating of notes, quantization and many others to be improved too. I just hope all this about audio and midi is fixed because I am tired of visiting other daws. Thanks to the bandlab crew. I just wish I could be the lucky winner of the giveaway🙊 because I have ever been thinking when I will ever get that😤

Posted (edited)

300px-Cakewalk_5_DOS_fair_use.png I started with Twelve Tones System's Cakewalk for MS DOS.

It was just a MIDI sequencer.  Audio was synced to one track of the tape recorder using a noisy clock signal. Those were the times! 😂

Keep the good work!

Edited by ManuelGuerrero
  • Like 9

My first Cakewalk was a pirated 3.0. Then I have bought 7 and upgraded for every new releases