Jesse Jost

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Celebration

One Year of Cakewalk by BandLab Contest [Closed]  

977 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What feature area would you like us to focus on next?

• Audio editing
    • Instruments and effects
    • MIDI editing
    • Songwriting tools
    • UI / UX

I would love to see something similar like the chord lanes and chord assistent from cubase in cakewalk!

First of all, thank you for making  Cakewalk free.

The UI is too big for people that use 1080 displays. A way to scale up \ down the UI will be great.

One thing I'd like to add, as much as I want the Cakewalk plugins to be free when they get rereleased, I oddly wouldn't be mad if they decided to make them paid. After all that BandLab has done to bring back the DAW for free, for them wanting to make a bit of money from addons would be pretty ok to me. Wether they'll be paid or not, I'll get my hands on them, as I couldn't since the shutdown.

(Mostly hyped for the Z3TA+ and Rapture Pro comeback)

I’ve been using Cakewalk since I was 15 years old (I’m 46 now ...).

I love this software and I’m very glad that BandLab managed to maintain it.

4 hours ago, Razvan said:

First of all, thank you for making  Cakewalk free.

The UI is too big for people that use 1080 displays. A way to scale up \ down the UI will be great.

Just wait for 15-20 years and your eyes will disagree. GUI size is just fine with FullHD / 23" display!

• Like 1

I 'm a long time Cakewalk Platinum User( lifetime update) before the transition to Bandlab. I'm from China

I did vote for songwriting tools, but I would also like to see some of Cakewalk's flagship plugins (Rapture, Z3ta, CA-2A) that were for sale be put back on the market.

I think cakewalk by bandlab needs an update about the piano roll, it's not very comfortable for people that works a lot with midi and virtual instruments.

8 hours ago, Micah said:

I think cakewalk by bandlab needs an update about the piano roll, it's not very comfortable for people that works a lot with midi and virtual instruments.

Cakewalk updated the Piano roll with a slew of new features a year or so ago. The PRV in Cakewalk is actually one of the better ones in any DAW.

• Like 1

I've been a Cakewalk user for many years since Pro Audio 9 days... Love the product and thank you Bandlab for keeping it alive. 

Am I the only one who wonder why there's so many 1 post member with "I've been using Cakewalk since....." comment in this thread?

Anyway, vote for MIDI editing. But any option in the pool are fine. Thanks Bakers & BandLab.

• Like 1

PLEASEE! Improve the automation! It could be more easy to use if we just right click directly on the button we want to automate in the instrument (like Ableton does, for example). The actual automation consumes lots of time by having to search the button on a large list of buttons.

Another issue: when I duplicate a track with a third party plugin, I can't see the option to automate the instrument in this second track like in the first.

Thank you, guys for the wonderful DAW! 

Posted (edited)

I would vote for bug fixes and especially when dealing with huge projects like tens of tracks with many small clips, tons of softsynths and huge amount of MIDI data each if there was an option. Little surprised that MIDI editing is not getting more love so I decided to help it a bit for those of us who typically work with software instruments.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:44 PM, TuneIn said:

to override the "snap" option temporarily. in Studio One I can do it by pressing shift

Really diggin' this! It's so much different from toggle the 'N' key when you're already holding your carefully selected song portion with the mouse and just now realized you forgot to turn that snap thing on (or off) again... :D 

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

Greetings, First Thank You, Thank You....Thank You. and congratulations. I am also involved in video post and a production has really quashed my music time. I look forward to dedicating more time to the whole Bandlab experience

One very disturbing note: I have been a Roland Cloud subscriber for over a year, no real problems with the plugins, till now. Their TB-303 throws a fatal upon scanning. When I wrote Roland their response was dismissive. They flat out said sorry, if you are committed to bandlab, we don't support...

My clarifications made no difference "It is cakewalk SONAR. All of the other cloud products work fine." "Sorry, we don’t test with or support Roland Cloud with Bandlab. " Anyone else experiencing this industry behavior regarding our DAW?

050619_Roland Cloud TB-303 Support Fail.pdf

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Dr. Méfi said:

PLEASEE! Improve the automation! It could be more easy to use if we just right click directly on the button we want to automate in the instrument

This is already implemented. Make sure write automation is enabled, since the plan is to work with the plug-in UI, use the W button in the standard header above the plug-in UI, start the transport and play with the plug-in UI. CbB will capture the automation for each control affected when write automation is enabled.