The Gas Giants 1

Wookiee

13 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I don't anything about the Sleeper, or Gas Giants, but...

Well you really do not want the Sleeper to wake, he is a nasty huge monstrous thing with a gapping maw and tentacles for a face. He goes by the name Cthulhu and intends to take over planet earth when he does wake up.  To start he intends to snack on all the humans.  His mates the Dark Ones are hiding on Jupiter.

Thanks for the thumbs up 👍 glad you enjoyed it and also for the comment over on Bandlab.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Do you ever use a theramin, or is that too corny?

I do not have a Theremin though I do have something called an Air FX which Ms W purchased for me, it is actually a bit of a bu&&er to use and some what unpredictable.

Hope he gravity well of the planet did not disturb you to much, thanks for commenting and listening.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:45 AM, bjornpdx said:

wookie,
I like your sparse compositions with the distinctive instruments you can easily follow (unlike my cluttered comps)
Jupiter, then Saturn then Neptune then Uranus?
-Bjorn

Possibly this did feature the Jupiter Synth so this was possibly the first of four, I seem to be doing small collections, who knows.

Thanks Bjorn you are most kind and generous, you do a mean job yourself, your last with the wind Duduk is very evocative and atmospheric. 

Love it Wookiee!  I love that little thingy (voice?) in the beginning panned center.  The fact that it was pulled back, in sound, made it intriguing to me.  It certainly did build from there.  After you defined  the Sleeper and Dark Ones, the darkness and edge of this song seemed perfect.  My wife calls be a Gas Giant but that is for different reasons!?

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:37 PM, Wookiee said:

I do not have a Theremin though I do have something called an Air FX which Ms W purchased for me, it is actually a bit of a bu&&er to use and some what unpredictable.

Hope he gravity well of the planet did not disturb you to much, thanks for commenting and listening.

Hi Wookie - would you believe it, I have an Air FX as well - i think i would class it a little worse than a bu&&er to use, but i might get banned if i said exactly what I thought of it!!!

Love this composition, really was great to listen to

Great stuff, 

Nigel

• Thanks 1