Cakewalk and Soundgrid Extreme Server Integration

PittsburghSteelMan

Question

I recently purchased a SoundGrid Extreme Server and was having problems integrating it into Cakewalk, so I got on the phone with Waves Support and was informed that Waves plugins will only work as native plugins and won't be offloaded to the Extreme server. When I asked why, the answer they gave me somewhat vague. First, I was told it was a technical issue but when I asked for clarification I got an answer it was a "political" issue between Waves and Cakewalk and I should be using another DAW such a Reaper or Studio One 5. I've been using Cakewalk since its initial release and am comfortable with the workflow. I don't want to go through the learning curve and expense of changing DAWs. Does anyone have any insight as to this issue of should I take it up with the Cakewalk devs?

Thanks,

Jon

3 answers to this question

Yea, and no-one on either side is willing or able to give me any details. Unfortunately, I've decided to finish the project I'm working on and abandoning Cakewalk for any future projects. I already purchased a copy of Studio One 5 for future projects, but keeping Cakewalk installed in case I need to revisit it. I've been using Cakewalk since its inception and don't like to make the move, but I don't have much of a choice considering I spent a lot of $$$ on the Waves system...just learning another DAW in LA (FZ).

How could you purchase an item like that first without knowing if it would or wouldn't work with your DAW.   I  spend hours finding out about a product before I buy it.  I watch videos, read  SOS mag, You Tube  channels, and Google the heck out of it.

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 1