Diamonds In The Rough

Lynn Wilson

22 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I must have missed though not surprising my furry mind was somewhat distracted.  Agree that the hats are a tad to forward but other than that I like this @Lynn.

Thanks, Wookie!  I've already dialed back the hihats a bit, but for now you'll have to use your imagination. lol

18 hours ago, projectm said:

HA ha, this is nuts! But I love everything, even the hi-hats. I will re-visit this post from time to time to enjoy this again. Great work! 

Ha!  I love nuts!!  You're welcome back anytime.  Thanks for your witty reply.

• Like 1

Good song, thanks for remixing and posting it again. I think the overall mix and arrangement is great, maybe the bass is a bit dominant in the verse? I listened in headphones, so take it with a pinch of salt. Love the 6/8+3/4 combo. And xylo percussion! Nice Peter Gabriel-ish sound on the vocal.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 12:19 PM, kakku said:

More than good enough for radio or tv. Excellent all the way. I listened with my phone so cannot comment on mix

kakku, you made my day!  I did take the time to check the mix on my cellphone and with Mixchecker Pro just in case somebody like you came along ;)

12 hours ago, Leizer said:

Good song, thanks for remixing and posting it again. I think the overall mix and arrangement is great, maybe the bass is a bit dominant in the verse? I listened in headphones, so take it with a pinch of salt. Love the 6/8+3/4 combo. And xylo percussion! Nice Peter Gabriel-ish sound on the vocal.

Leizer, thanks for your comments and time.  I agree with you about the bass; I just bought 2 new headphones - a Sennheiser HD 300 PRO and an Audio Technica - ATH M50x - and both tell me that the bass is a little hot so I cranked it down in the mix I'm working on now.  Good ears!

Hi, Lynn,

I must have missed this on the old songs forum, but this is really quirky and cool with lots of interesting parts weaving in and out throughout the entire song!😀

Great lyrics and fun arrangement, with excellent musicianship and killer vocals.  The mix is clean as a whistle, and clear, wide and punchy with great spatial detail and perfect panning.

Very cool song, Lynn, I'm glad you gave it another shot, I definitely think it's a real keeper!👍

Great stuff, buddy, have a good one!
Bob

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Lynn,

I must have missed this on the old songs forum, but this is really quirky and cool with lots of interesting parts weaving in and out throughout the entire song!😀

Great lyrics and fun arrangement, with excellent musicianship and killer vocals.  The mix is clean as a whistle, and clear, wide and punchy with great spatial detail and perfect panning.

Very cool song, Lynn, I'm glad you gave it another shot, I definitely think it's a real keeper!👍

Great stuff, buddy, have a good one!
Bob

Hey Bob, your words mean a lot, and I really appreciate them.  Thanks to you and so many others it's easy to get steered in the right direction.  Keep on rockin'

• Like 1

Hi Lynn ,

Wow, deep song on a lot of levels .

I love the line " the older I get the less I become less of the parts of my sum "

Love the change up arrangement wise you did at 1:38  ...what do we have here ?

A Reggae style guitar part mixed in w a Cuban style groove done in an old Western spaghetti style sound canvas ...OMG Love it ..

I liked your song a lot Lynn . Everything about it is very good . The songs message , the vocals , instruments and mix ....

Great  job ,

Kenny

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Hi Lynn ,

Wow, deep song on a lot of levels .

I love the line " the older I get the less I become less of the parts of my sum "

Love the change up arrangement wise you did at 1:38  ...what do we have here ?

A Reggae style guitar part mixed in w a Cuban style groove done in an old Western spaghetti style sound canvas ...OMG Love it ..

I liked your song a lot Lynn . Everything about it is very good . The songs message , the vocals , instruments and mix ....

Great  job ,

Kenny

Kenny, I'm blown away by your words.  I've always looked to you as one of the true masters on this site, so it means a lot.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1