New update for Mackie Control surface

msmcleod

I've added a new feature for my version of the MackieControl surface, aimed at users of the Korg nanoKontrol Studio.

At present there's no way to use the nanoKontrol to switch between tracks & buses. It's basically stuck controlling tracks.

This update has a new  "Use Scrub+Bank Down/Up to select Tracks/Buses" option.

This allows you to use the scrub button as a shift button with the track up/down buttons to switch between buses and tracks.

Note, to make this work it requires you to use the KORG KONTROL Editor to configure the nanoKontrol Studio's "Scene" button as the scrub button.

Once this is done, and you've checked "Use Scrub+Bank Down/Up to select Tracks/Buses":

• Scene + Track Left  (i.e. Scrub + Bank Down)  = Switch to controlling tracks
  • Scene + Track Right (i.e. Scrub + Bank Up) = Switch to control buses

Using the Scene (Scrub) button on it's own continues to switch scrub mode on/off.

The new DLL's can be downloaded here:

You can also see the changes/download it from github:  https://github.com/msmcleod/Cakewalk-Control-Surface-SDK

@Noel - it would be great if you could consider these changes (plus the earlier ones from myself / @Azslow3) for inclusion in the stock MackieControl surface DLL. 

Edited by msmcleod
typo
  • Like 1

Meant to add, to install:

• Go to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces
  • Rename MackieControl.dll to MackieControl.dll.bak
  • Copy the one from the zip into C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces
  • If on Windows 10, right click on the new MackieControl.dll and block it if necessary.

2 minutes ago, John said:

I'm unclear what this is for.  Is it for an Mackie Control or your Nano Control? On the Mackie Control there is a bus button and a track button.

The nanoKontrol uses the MCU protocol, so uses Cakewalk's MackieControl surface DLL.,

It doesn't have the bus / track buttons though, so there's no way to switch between them.

This is what this enhancement is for.

You probably don't need this if you've got a real MCU (I've got one too), however my version also has Azslow3's enhancements to support the ProChannel compressor & EQ.

• 1 year later...

@msmcleod:   Your new MackieControl.dll  was real good news for me!  I had been trying to get the IOS app "DAW control" to work -unsuccessfully. I knew the problem- this app was not answering  Sonar's sys-ex request for a serial number, so the Sonar control surface status window never got past "connecting". Using the "disable handshake" option cured that problem. I haven't examined how your other enhancements might be of use to me, but this alone was worth it.

Many thanks!!!