KONTAKT 6 50% Off Until The End Of September

Simeon Amburgey

40 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Took me and my wife a weekend to paint the living and dining room last year.

Mrs Paulo helped me paint a room once. She did everything except the walls, the ceiling, the woodwork and the radiators.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I painted the interior and exterior of my house. 😉

The life of a muso.........

Takes a day to paint a whole house..........spends 3 months fiddling with the eq settings on a guitar track that nobody will ever hear.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, paulo said:

Mrs Paulo helped me paint a room once. She did everything except the walls, the ceiling, the woodwork and the radiators.

See this was the opposite with wife and I. I was the one moving the tarps, taping, making sure the paint tray was full for her. So I was the helper. Which was fine as she paints way better then me.  After she painted I replaced all the outlets with new ones plus new vent covers. 

20 minutes ago, abacab said:

I bit on the Kontakt 6 crossgrade price from Player with a qualifying library, at the 50% discount earlier this summer. Mainly so I can ignore the annoying "full Kontakt Required" fine print. 😂

Hmmmm...... at $124.50 because I registered Arcane for free. I might bite for the same reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

For people who don't have full Kontakt...

I have always said that the best first two purchases for anybody starting out are Omnisphere and Full Kontakt. 

As soon as you have Full Kontakt you have access to hundreds of really great libraries for free.  Also, a lot of the very best paid libraries are only available with Full Kontakt.  And as people have said, most libraries released since the fall of 2020 require Kontakt 6. 

The two best ways to get Kontakt are either 1) get it now for $124.50 or 2) get it with Komplete.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

13 hours ago, Marshall said:

Is there a list of qualifying libraries for the cross grade path  from Player to Full?

I don't think there has ever been an official list. But if you already have one of the qualifiers, the crossgrade will automatically show up as an option in your NI account.

In the past I have seen Sennheiser DrumMic'a! qualify, as well as the Estey Reed Organ by Soniccouture. Others may add what worked for them... but they were typically 3rd party Player compatible libraries. DrumMic'a! was always popular for this purpose because it was free, and the Estey was a free giveaway a few years ago.

But believe it or not, I seem to recall this time around NI chose my ancient license for Kompakt Sony Acid Pro (bundled with Sony Acid Pro 6 in 2006) as the qualifier. It's sort of random, because I have qualified in the past with the other two, but never pulled the trigger. It just picks one and says you can get the crossgrade!

Edited by abacab

13 hours ago, Marshall said:

Is there a list of qualifying libraries for the cross grade path  from Player to Full?

Here's a list of 3rd party libraries:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-6-player/third-party-sample-libraries/

Here's a list of *free* ones:

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2020/04/27/free-kontakt-libraries/

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ALC said:

Those are both cool lists!

But can you vouch for them all qualifying for crossgrade pricing to Kontakt full, as Marshall asked for?

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

Those are both cool lists!

But can you vouch for them all qualifying for crossgrade pricing to Kontakt full, as Marshall asked for?

Yes, any library that's licensed to work in Kontakt Player would qualify.

I forgot, also any of the non-free Native Instruments Kontakt libraries will work, too.

But there are only a handful of free libraries--the vendor pays the licensing and then gives the product away.

Edited by ALC

Just now, ALC said:

Yes, any library that's licensed to work in Kontakt Player would qualify.

I forgot, also any of the Native Instruments Kontakt libraries will work, too.

But there are only a handful of free libraries--the vendor pays the licensing and then gives the product away.

I understand how the NI library licensing system works, but the crossgrade eligibility items has always seemed a bit mysterious...

I have happily used Player for years, but finally decided to take advantage of the crossgrade, after skipping it in the past, even though I was always eligible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marshall said:

Thanks for all the info! I have Hyperion Strings Micro and that means I can cross grade to Kontakt 6 for €124, which sounds good.

Think I will do that…do any of the discounters offer a better deal than buying direct from NI?

I believe crossgrades are only offered direct from NI.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I believe crossgrades are only offered direct from NI.

It would appear so…whilst it’s very tempting at this price, I have a feeling for the songs I write and record I will get more use out of Picked Nylon. I absolutely love Session Guitarist series. Decisions, decisions…