Exporting Audio (Mixdown)

dahjah

Since latest update when I exort audio to to mp3 (320) I'm getting a skip in the song everytime as if the needle skipped on a record. When I try it again the skip moves to a different spot. This has happened on two different tracks I'm working on.

Anybody else notice this?

34 minutes ago, Gswitz said:

Try bouncing to a new track.  Does that have the problem? 

That seems to be even worse, it creates just over a minute of silence (flat line) in the song. Gonna try a couple more songs to see if I get the same result again.

nothing muted all tracks selected. I'm baffled, this makes no sense. Tomorrow I'll create another same track with "save as" and delete everything I've done and starting adding one thing at a time and see if I find anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Took a few weeks but I think I solved the issue. It made no sense, after removing a ram module the motherboard went crazy and I got locked into the bios and couldn't get out. Had the motherboard replaced and the prob was the same (locked in bios). The Bios had to be rebuilt.

I thought it must be the ram and was ready to drop at least 500 on 64gb but then I copied a project to different drive (C) and tried everything as I normally would and had no dropouts whatsoever. Did that a few more times and all was good. Instead of buying ram I bout another M2 drive and made that my main drive for CWB tasks.

So it looks like there's a prob with the ssd drive I was using before. All the files are good only when I went into mixdown would the problem happen. I wonder if I can format that (bad) drive and all be good with it again to use for something else or is about to die.

• 2 weeks later...