Shake Up (unwrapped)

Inthorns

'ello all,

It's amazing how long I've been at this AND how much I still have no idea what I'm doing half the time -Lolz!

I'm hoping to get some ears on this and some ideas regarding final tweaks before 'mastering'.

Any and all are welcome and will be considered, I'd very much appreciate your time.

Thanks and be well,

Ron

• Like 3

Nice one. I think you're getting pretty close. My only real crits are the short intro , and the backing vocals coming in at 0:48. I think the intro could be 4 bars longer and built up more. It was just too quiet and rushed leading in to the full vocals. The backing at 48 seemed to be pushed too far back in the mix. Maybe blend in more of the held out backing vocals you used in most of the song in that section. The main vocals and harmony were Very nice. They could be smoothed out and glued to the mix a little better with some further compression.  Great song with a fantastic chorus.  I Very much enjoyed it  ..

mark

Nice one, and I agree the intro needs more length, and the bgv's could take one step forward.

Great lead vocal!!! So that's 90% of the game all set!

Maybe the drums a bit more prominent? A bit more snap on the snare? Kudos to the bass player/programmer, those lines are perfect for this song!

cool tune!

cheers,

-Tom

• 2 weeks later...

'eyyyyy everyone,

Sorry so long getting back guys. They're trying to slowly murder us at work with OT. I pulled 56hrs OT last week and 48 this week and I am BEAT 🥱

Thank you all very much for the spin and the wonderful ideas in bettering this bastich. I am quite happy that you enjoyed it!

We have begun to implement quite a few of your suggestions and to good result :)

Funny; we initially had a 4 bar intro, but cut it down (likely to pander to the poor attention spans of the day).

The bit at 48 seconds was supposed to come off as 'the guys on the couch', so I wanted it a bit distant. It does sound like the guys are on the couch butttt, it also sounds like the couch is in another room! Might have knocked them back a bit far -Lolz

Can't thank you guys enough for your time and thoughts.

My gratitude,

- Ronnov

On 8/30/2021 at 3:44 AM, bjornpdx said:

Great song! I especially like the bassline which is mostly heard during the quieter parts (which could be due to my listening environment).
-Bjorn

On 8/28/2021 at 6:44 AM, Wookiee said:

I agree you need to add a little suspense to the intro, just a few tweaks and there is a good song here to be had.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:56 PM, Old Joad said:

Me too👍

On 8/27/2021 at 8:52 PM, DeeringAmps said:

I'll just add "ditto" to all the above.

and add 👍's

t

On 8/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Nice one, and I agree the intro needs more length, and the bgv's could take one step forward.

Great lead vocal!!! So that's 90% of the game all set!

Maybe the drums a bit more prominent? A bit more snap on the snare? Kudos to the bass player/programmer, those lines are perfect for this song!

cool tune!

cheers,

-Tom

On 8/25/2021 at 4:33 PM, timboalogo said:

Nice job with the backing vocals - I always have trouble with them. 

I also like the arrangement, the bit at 2 minutes or so fit perfectly. The song builds beautifully from there.

Timbo

On 8/25/2021 at 2:31 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Great song and arrangement!  Yeah, a longer intro would be nice, other than that, this is a gem.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:06 PM, jack c. said:

job well done.jack c.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:02 AM, KurtS said:

Sounds really good on my cans, great song.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:08 AM, mark skinner said:

Nice one. I think you're getting pretty close. My only real crits are the short intro , and the backing vocals coming in at 0:48. I think the intro could be 4 bars longer and built up more. It was just too quiet and rushed leading in to the full vocals. The backing at 48 seemed to be pushed too far back in the mix. Maybe blend in more of the held out backing vocals you used in most of the song in that section. The main vocals and harmony were Very nice. They could be smoothed out and glued to the mix a little better with some further compression.  Great song with a fantastic chorus.  I Very much enjoyed it  ..

mark

'eyyyyy everyone,

Sorry so long getting back guys. They're trying to slowly murder us at work with OT. I pulled 56hrs OT last week and 48 this week and I am BEAT 🥱

Thank you all very much for the spin and the wonderful ideas in bettering this bastich. I am quite happy that you enjoyed it!

We have begun to implement quite a few of your suggestions and to good result

Funny, we initially had a 4 bar intro, but cut it down (likely to pander to the poor attention spans of the day).

The bit at 48 seconds was supposed to come off as 'the guys on the couch', so I wanted it a bit distant. It does sound like the guys are on the couch butttt, it also sounds like the couch is in another room! Might have knocked them back a bit far -Lolz

Can't thank you guys enough for your time and thoughts.

My gratitude,

- Ronnov

PS- Apologies for the double bang, but wasn't sure if you'd see my replies without the 'quote' deal(?).