Free amp sim ToneLib

Fleer

Got GFX and JAM yesterday. Pretty impressive software and unbelievable for free! 

GFX doesn't work in the audio tracks FX bin! I had to route the track to an aux track or aux bus to get audio. Still not a dealbreaker considering it's free!!!

JAM is pretty amazing. I love the feature where you can import an audio track and it will scan it and show you measure by measure the tempo map. That alone is a great study to enter variations of tempos throughout your midi drum tracks for more realistic feels. I have done that for years but now to have this help to actually see live drummers meters is great.

Can't go wrong with these. Just don't expect Amplitude, Guitar Rig, Th3, etc. Still, very respectable models and fx.

I found GFX to good for a freebie.  Not great, but good.  As Sidney Earl above said, just don't expect it to go head to head with the big boys.  I tried different speaker irs than the ones it came with and thought it sounded better.  FWIW I couldn't get VST3 to install (actually it claimed it was installed, but darned if I could find it).  VST2 installed fine.

1 hour ago, jude77 said:

I found GFX to good for a freebie.  Not great, but good.  As Sidney Earl above said, just don't expect it to go head to head with the big boys.  I tried different speaker irs than the ones it came with and thought it sounded better.  FWIW I couldn't get VST3 to install (actually it claimed it was installed, but darned if I could find it).  VST2 installed fine.

I struggled to find it too - it ended up in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3, so I just added this to my VST search path, re-scanned and it found it.

I only tried the GFX in stand-alone mode, and it seemed pretty good - as you say, good not great. My only gripe was that the noise-gate is saved along with the patch, rather than a global setting.

I've not tried it in an FX bin yet...

[EDIT] - Just tried the VST3 in an FX bin, and it worked fine for me.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 2

I must correct my prior post!!!! GFX does work in the track FX bin allowing you to record in real time thru the amp as you would record mics on an amp.

I was trying to get the raw direct track that was recorded with Amplitube in an older project to play thru GFX and that is when I found that it only works in an aux or buss.

Sorry for the confusion!

22 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I struggled to find it too - it ended up in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3, so I just added this to my VST search path, re-scanned and it found it.

Thanks for that, I don't think I would have ever found it.