RIP Charlie Watts

pwal³

5 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

R.i.p.

Thanks for that steady beat Charlie,

J

FWIW The Rolling Stone top 100 drummers of all time has Charlie at #12 and Ringo at #14. I personally would swap them and put them in the 10.

But, I personally agree with their Top 5.

1. John Bonham

2. Keith Moon

3. Ginger Baker

4. Neil Peart

5. Hal Blaine

53 minutes ago, Bapu said:

FWIW The Rolling Stone top 100 drummers of all time has Charlie at #12 and Ringo at #14. I personally would swap them and put them in the 10.

But, I personally agree with their Top 5.

1. John Bonham

2. Keith Moon

3. Ginger Baker

4. Neil Peart

5. Hal Blaine

I think I would have to put Hal Blaine at #1. I think I would actually reverse their top five order but based on other factors than just ability.

Ability wise though I think it's near impossible to beat Neil Peart. The man was a technical machine.

It's so sad to think all of them are gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

I think I would have to put Hal Blaine at #1. I think I would actually reverse their top five order but based on other factors than just ability.

Ability wise though I think it's near impossible to beat Neil Peart. The man was a technical machine.

It's so sad to think all of them are gone.

One could argue that RS's top 5 could simply be called a tie.

• Like 1

David Garibaldi.

He's the pick of actual drummers.

Garibaldi won the R&B/Funk category of the Modern Drummer Magazine Readers poll six times in a row from 1980 to 1985. He won the same award an additional three times in 2003, 2007 and 2009.[16] In 1998, “David Garibaldi featuring Talking Drums” won the award for Best Percussion Video awarded by DRUM! Magazine.[17]

In 2008, Garibaldi was presented the Guitar Center Legends Award. He was also inducted into the Percussive Arts Society Hall of Fame in 2012.