[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 114]

1 hour ago, Terry Kelley said:

But a "Just Mix Down the Damn Song" button would be cool too 

😂 I think its called "Entire Mix."  It's not a button though, more like a drop down menu under the WHAT TO EXPORT section. ☺ and then under RANGE "Entire project.

23 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

😂 I think its called "Entire Mix."  It's not a button though, more like a drop down menu under the WHAT TO EXPORT section. ☺ and then under RANGE "Entire project.

And then make a preset for it 🙂

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Terry Kelley Rolling back without providing any info is not going to help us solve the issue you are running into before we release. 
Can you provide like to a small project that has this issue? By any chance are you using the export buffer size higher than your audio device buffer size. There is an issue we're investigating there.

Hi Noel,

Left me see if I can pare it down and still demonstrate the issue. It's all midi using EZDrummer, Ample Guitar, Xpand!2 (several), Arturia Piano V2, True Piano and EZKeys Cinematic and Mellotron.  Let me reinstall 99 and check the buffer settings. For the export buffer, I assume you mean the value in the advanced settings and not something in preferences?

Terry

51 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes in the new export dialog there is a way to set the export buffer size independently. Try with that set to 0 which uses the same buffer size as playback.
I suspect the issue is related.

Yes, it changes with the bounce buffer. I sent over two wave examples. One is with bounce = 0 and ASIO =256 (in sync) and the other is bounce = 250 and ASIO=256 (out of sync.)

I'll forward that section of midi shortly. There is certainly a distinct difference in export speeds between the two.

Edit: Changed -250 to =250

Edited by Terry Kelley

7 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I assume you meant 250 and not -250?
Also confirm that you were doing a fast bounce and not realtime bounce.

Right, I meant to type =.  Oops.

Render in Realtime is not checked if that is realtime bounce. I am also using Hardware Outputs (AudioBox ASIO Driver Output)

Export Settings.png

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, msmcleod said:

It's not missing - "Follow Source" was never available in the bounce to track(s) dialog.

I think @marled meant to say | and | was referring to the "Channel Format" which are still there of course, but confused it with "Source Category."

☺ We all were too excited for the new menus.😊

On 8/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, chimkin2 said:

Yes I have to export the contents of each Folder as a stereo mix with all downstream FX

Late to the party, but... the conventional way of achieving this - and maybe still the easiest - before the new export features existed would have been to solo the folder and export the Master bus. This will still work, and won't require re-busing anything. Just make sure there are no dynamic FX on the Master because summing compressed tracks is not the same as compressing the sum.

Edited by David Baay

On 8/28/2021 at 7:40 PM, JoseC said:

About Bounce to Tracks dialog: would it be possible to make the chosen track to persist until changed? I often sample soft synth loops when browsing presets, make them groove clips and drag them to the browser. I use to set a track in the project for that purpose, and it is unconvenient that by default the Bounce to Tracks dialog suggests a new track.

Can you ask a moderator to move this to the request forum to make this a request? I would like to vote on this. There are times when I just want to bounce something in place too and end up having to drag the bounced clip from Track 80 to Track 14. 

3 hours ago, David Baay said:

Late to the party, but... the conventional way of achieving this - and maybe still the easiest - before the new export features existed would have been to solo the folder and export the Master bus. This will still work, and won't require re-busing anything. Just make sure there are no dynamic FX on the Master because summing compressed tracks is not the same as compressing the sum.

Yes this is already the current procedure for many years - was hoping for an improvement with this update but it hasn't brought me any further forward - never mind ☺️

On 8/31/2021 at 3:59 PM, Jonathan Sasor said:

This is expected. Going to Advanced in the Export Module menu brings up the new dialog

It's ok, I don't mind, I have no problem with the old dialog, I was wondering if it might have been a slip.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:29 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

Still a favorite [favourite.]  ☺ 

Yeah, that's what I still use. To be honest, I don't see the point to the new dialog, which does everything you could very easily already do before. I mean if you waned to export without effects, you can select all tracks (CTRL+A), then click on the FX rack On/Off, then export. It's not hard; if you wanted it without sends, you can open up all sends buses, select, mute, then export. I don't see much utility in replacing the On/Off on the tracks with a check box in the dialog, still the same thing, only with more clutter to manage. But, hey, it's and addition, to a diminution, so I don't mind.

What I would do is

solve the End of Project recognition on export, which many have complained about, since automatic recognition obviously doesn't work, for several reasons, one of them being that automations are still handled at least clumsily, and ghost automations are hard to identify and impossible to remove; and it's so easy to solve - just insert a marker, like a transport cursor with a big E on top of it, that ends the project where it's placed. That's it, problem solved, no more recognition, no more nothing;

make it easy to open up the buses pane, with a toggle Show/Hide button inserted on the Multidock; instead of dragging and scrolling and fitting them back to size all the time.

Side Multidock (Browser, Synth Rack, Help, all that) available in the Console View; so easy to insert FX, instead of the big menu, which is also good - and love the new fonts, I've never commented on that; that's what I always use, I found a workaround to make it available, but it opens over the tracks instead of pushing them to the side, so more scrolling is needed to insert in the tracks to the right;

drag and drop create instrument track in the Console View, from the Browser; why need to switch views to do that?

easy to Open/Close the Sends with an easy access toggle button instead of a menu; that bugs me to no end;

global Send FX On/Off for selected tracks, for individual buses;

an All On/Off control for all instances of a specific plugin in the FX rack, by select all, ctrl+click on the power button of any of them;

horizontal scrolling on mouse hover over the horizontal scroll bar.

These are options that are needed and, among others, will also make it so much easier to choose all export options in the DAW before even hitting export, with just as much effort, but these simplifications are much more deeply reaching than that.

I am SO PLEASANTLY IMPRESSED with the Browser, Synth Rack, and Help windows in the side Multidock now remembering their order and size in the project. Been waiting for so long for that. Also with the collapse state retention of the one-knob modules in the PC. Wow! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. 👍

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

What do you mean?

Trying to go from advanced back to basic.... But I could not fins any such option and opening the export dialog from the file menu does not open the old file export for me. It opens the new one which doesn't seem to have any switches I could see to change from/to advanced?