[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 114]

24 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The dest track is based on the current track. If your set that before opening the dialog then it should default to it.

I cannot seem to be able to get that behavior here. If I:

1. Select a midi clip in an Instrument Track.

2. Open the Bounce to Track Dialog

In the Destination Track field I always get <#> New Track, no matter what track is current. I would like to be able to select a destination track within the dialog and make it persist every time I open it until I wish to change the destination track. 

7 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Many thanks for the reply.
So, if I understand, choosing ENTIRE PROJECT when saving a task records the constant selection times of the project, it does not re-evaluate it when executing the task.

Example:
I have a 4 minute project and I generate a task with ENTIRE PROJECT.
If this project extends to 6 minutes or reduces it to 3 minutes if the task is executed, it will be under the parameterization of time when it was generated, that is: 4 minutes.

And so ?

Actully if you selected entire project for the task it should adapt to the duration changing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marled said:

Export dialog/bounce to track(s):

1. It would be nice if the dialog height would be configurable as it is a bit too large on laptops with 768 height only (1 line)!
  2. In the "bounce to track(s)" dialog the channel format "Follow Source" is missing and this can conflict using a preset with it (here it has chosen stereo for a mono track instead)

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

The minimum supported resolution for CbB is 1280 x 800.   But in saying that it does fit on a screen 768 high.

The last size & position of the dialog is stored in the registry, so it remembers it globally for the next time you use it.

It's not missing - "Follow Source" was never available in the bounce to track(s) dialog.

1. Export/Bounce dialog height: Perfect, in this case my wish is already realized! I have tested the dialog(s) size change and it runs with success!
  2. Follow Source: You are absolutely right, this configuration value is also not present in Sonar Platinum! But IMO it would be great if it was! Why not?

5 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Thanks for the feedback. We don’t really have control with how Radius handles its stretching since it was developed by iZotope and its no longer maintained by them. IIRC radius internally uses its own transients rather than ours so I don’t expect a major change there even though our detection is improved. Do you see better behavior with the elastique stretching? Elastique is more advanced than Radius and is still maintained by zPlane.

Thanks for the information! Though it is a pity that Radius is no longer maintained, because it sounds so much better than Elastique Pro!

Yes, rendering with Elastique Pro gives definitely better results in respect of shifting! The shift of note starts and ends is within 1ms, what is absolutely okay. But regrettably the Elastique algorithm is not so accurately reflecting the original wave form as the Radius ones. But I guess today most other DAWs also use Elastique Pro primarily? (I know that Reaper and Samplitude do!)

Elastique Pro is pretty much the standard these days. Primarily because it operates in realtime unlike Radius but it also sounds great. Radius was good but they discontinued support many years ago. 
BandLab also has its own propretary real time stretching called AudioStretch which is very good. I may integrate it as another choice in the future. You can check it out in BandLab or in Android/IOS there is an AudioStretch app.

• Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 2

6 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

I need help/clarification.

1 - I use a standard project to master.
2 - In this project I inserted two tasks. One to generate WAV and one to generate MP3.
3 - In this project I import the mixed WAV.
4 - I use the ENTIRE PROJECT parameter in the tasks, as it is in this same project that I perform the mastering. So the size of each track/tempo changes with each mastering I'm going to do.
5 - However, the execution of tasks at each import of a new track to master is not executed.
6 - The only solution I have found so far is to RETRIEVE THE PARAMETERS OF EACH TASK, confirm that I want to ENTIRE PROJECT and execute.

Any tips for the tasks to be executed considering the new sizes/times of the inserted track?

That was one of my issues. The tasks pickup filename and path when created. So we must create new tasks each time we need to change these... It's not just the audio settings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

Many thanks for the reply.

Yes it does! Keeps the times in which it was generated in the task.

I would like to leave my suggestion so that there was an option or a question to the user when performing the tasks. Something like:

Execute the tasks using the project's current time options ?

If YES - Run with times (current start and end).
If NO - Run with what is recorded in the task.

In the way I work this would be much easier and faster than Reset Task options, Update with new options and then run.

Thanks. Thank you very much.

There’s an idea. An option to force tasks to use current filename/path. That would solve my issues too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keni said:

That was one of my issues. The tasks pickup filename and path when created. So we must create new tasks each time we need to change these... It's not just the audio settings. 

Please read the docs on using the tags. You can parameterize the file names. If you use fixed file names and want to change them then of course you need to create new tasks for them. The program can't guess what you want to do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Please read the docs on using the tags. You can parameterize the file names. If you use fixed file names and want to change them then of course you need to create new tasks for them. The program can't guess what you want to do.

Thanks Noel.

I did look, but I'll look again. Maybe if I explain my scenario.

I have a cwp I use for a large part of my mastering.

I import my file to it and create a 16/44.1 wav and mp3. Both with pow-r3 dithering.

so I continually need to rename based on imported filename and unique project/output path.

I didn’t see a way to make that happen.

Now if tasks had an option to read current filename and path, it would be simple enough.

Is such ability there and I didn’t see it?

• Like 1

OK...

I think I see how to get it to accept the constant filename changes using clip name with an appendage signifying mastered on my machine. Great! Getting closer (if that works for me),

But I still see no way of picking up the live output folder. Looks one step closer though! A big step (or two!) 😉

Thanks Bakers!

Hmmm...

Different result here.

Using the clipname tag plus a space and the letter M

path is et to my current needed output

I created two new tasks. One for the wav file output and the other for the mp3 output. So far I can't find either. Definitely not in the folder set in the path area.

Back to looking for it, then gotta make the outputs the old way as I need it done....

11 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Look at the menu tap top right in the export window. 

Thanks Will...

Yes, I know where the path gets set, but my issue is with needing an option in tasks that will allow a task to use the currently set path instead of one task-contained, It appears to be able to do this with filenames using tags though...

So far, my experiments with tags to pickup filename has not worked, but without the patch changing, I still have to create new tasks every time. Still saves a little time as I can walk away while both wav/mp3 get done...

Hmmm...

Ah... just found the files. They did get to the correct folder, but the clipname was not inserted. Only the additional space and M which I added beyond the clipname tag. So it didn't pickup the clipname...

Just noticed an option  to reset tasks to current settings. Is this what I've been searching for???

Edited by Keni

2 minutes ago, Keni said:

Hmmm...

Different result here.

Using the clipname tag plus a space and the letter M

path is et to my current needed output

I created two new tasks. One for the wav file output and the other for the mp3 output. So far I can't find either. Definitely not in the folder set in the path area.

Back to looking for it, then gotta make the outputs the old way as I need it done....

You have to clear (delete the default name) before entering the tag menu and choose the correct correspondence category for tags. There's room for improvement. Example when choosing what to export - one would expect the naming to bee automatically by default and have the rest adding in manually should you require any of the extra tags. 

5 minutes ago, Keni said:

Thanks Will...

Yes, I know where the path gets set, but my issue is with needing an option in tasks that will allow a task to use the currently set path instead of one task-contained, It appears to be able to do this with filenames using tags though...

So far, my experiments with tags to pickup filename has not worked, but without the patch changing, I still have to create new tasks every time. Still saves a little time as I can walk away while both wav/mp3 get done...

Hmmm...

Just noticed an option  to reset tasks to current settings. Is this what I've been searching for???

There we go. ☺ 3dotted lines 😅

1 minute ago, Will_Kaydo said:

There we go. ☺ 3dotted lines 😅

Now if I can get it to pickup the clipname! I did clear the field prior to selecting my tag, etc.... but the clipname is not inserted. I am about to try the procedure again...

1 hour ago, Keni said:

Now if tasks had an option to read current filename and path, it would be simple enough.

Not sure what current filename refers to. The token “projectname” will expand to the actual project name. 
If you save as a new project then your exports can inherit that name automatically.

Filename and location are shown as two separate fields. Filename is the name of the file you want your exported audio to be called, and location is the directory where it should be saved.

When you first open the dialog, the location will be set to the default location as specified in Edit > Preferences > File - Folder Locations under Export Audio Files. The default is \Audio Exports under the current project directory, where the current project folder is indicated by the %PROJECTFOLDER% environment variable.

You can change the export directory by clicking on the browse location button , and this location will be remembered for the duration of the project’s session. You can change the global export location for all projects with the Export Audio Files path in Edit > Preferences > File - Folder Locations.

3 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Not sure what current filename refers to. The token “projectname” will expand to the actual project name. 
If you save as a new project then your exports can inherit that name automatically.

Thanks Noel...

I got that. I'm having trouble getting it to pickup the clipname using it's tag. I don't want the project name...

{clipname} M

I got

M

Trying again right now...

Interesting... It won't let me as it is trying to over write the files named M still ignoring the clipname tag

Edited by Keni