[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 114]

44 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

First world problems? The toast is displayed so that people who walk away can see it. Close it if you are done with it. It's one click.

It’s one click repeated 20-40 times a day for me (sometimes).

That extra click and being forced to mouse over to it gets old real fast.

So all I ask is for an option so that it times out.

Edited by Keni

4 hours ago, John T said:

This is pretty tangential to the actual functionality that's been built this time around, I know. But just throwing this in:

What would improve my working life, vastly, on a near-daily basis, would be the ability to queue up multiple projects for export. So a list of projects would load, export with current settings, automatically close, then automatically load the next, and so on.

I can see that's outside the scope of current developments, but it seemed like a natural place to float the idea.

You export multiple projects on a daily basis?

Export queues are designed to be per project. We don't plan to build multi project export as a function. That said, in the future it may be possible to do scripting operations to achieve something similar.

Ooops...

Somethings wrong. I may try repeating it.

I was running build 111 and ran the update to 112. At the end of the update Cakewalk locked up trying to start. I tried to force it shut using task manager, but it would not respond and I proceeded to reboot. That got it out of memory.

I ran the rollback though it was labeled release 1 and it successfully brought me all the way back to 2021.06. From here running the updater already downloaded for 111 brought me back to 111...

I'm hesitant to try running the 112 installer again? Anyone?

Guess I'm gonna rollback again to 2021.06 then forward to the first EA as tasks are not working here in 111

Edited by Keni

So far, a few bad things here...

First chance to try running tasks with 111 and I get empty files? That's a first.

Straight export works fine.

Note that I was using the option to update task to current settings for each task as I have been.

Something wrong here for sure...

I downloaded a fresh copy of the 112 update (in case my prior was corrupted) and it successfully ran bringing me to 112.

The Tasks are exporting empty files using the reset to current settings option. Export manually works fine as expected.

I'm gonna rollback to 2021.06 then forward to the 099 which was the last place all was working here.

Sure enough...

Rollback to 2021.06

Forward to 2021.09.099

All is well and tasks function as expected.

So my issues are in both 111 & 112

Something for tasks running via update to current tasks is my immediate guess. I'm gonna try creating new tasks and see if that isolates it a bit?

Nope.

Something more fundamental.

I created new tasks in 112 and ran them. Resulting fines are again empty.

Running export works fine. Something broke for me in 111 & 112 and tasks no longer work. Output files are created with the correct names and destinations but they are empty.....

7 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

In  EDM you sometimes end up with 8 AUX tracks within the project just for a single source. 

Will_Kaydo I do not understand how you end up with 8 AUX tracks ☺️ ..I have written EDM tracks that have been used professionally but I don't use AUX track at all -my learning years with the DAW precedes AUX tracks . What do you use them for and why up to 8 on a single source ??  Do you have an example to listen to ?

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

You export multiple projects on a daily basis?

Export queues are designed to be per project. We don't plan to build multi project export as a function. That said, in the future it may be possible to do scripting operations to achieve something similar.

Yes. I know it's a fairly fringe use case. But among the things I do is post production on audiobooks, and a project queue for exports would be incredibly life-improving for that. It's not unusual to do a bunch of corrections on a whole book, and then need to export the full thing. And the generally most efficient way to work is one project file per chapter. To be able to queue all that up and walk away would be amazing.

Just now, Milton Sica said:

@Noel Borthwick 

This started to happen on 111 and continued on 112.

Tasks generate empty files.

Executing one by one after recovering its parameters, command EXPORT works.

There was a setback.

A setback?

Some dot got misplaced in code somewhere in the 111 update and has persisted to the 112...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John T said:

Yes. I know it's a fairly fringe use case. But among the things I do is post production on audiobooks, and a project queue for exports would be incredibly life-improving for that. It's not unusual to do a bunch of corrections on a whole book, and then need to export the full thing. And the generally most efficient way to work is one project file per chapter. To be able to queue all that up and walk away would be amazing.

Got it. That would be a task better suited to scripting as mentioned.

59 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

@Noel Borthwick

I think I figured out where the loss might be.

I opened a project that had been saved with 99 and ran the tasks.

I ran the tasks and received empty files.

I recalled each task and saved it again using version 112.

The tasks were performed in full, as in 99.

Maybe something was lost in the 111 and 112 that does not pay attention to some detail in the execution of the tasks generated in the previous version.

Wasn’t the case here.

I created new tasks in 112 and they export empty.