[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 114]

36 minutes ago, Keni said:

Trying to go from advanced back to basic.... But I could not fins any such option and opening the export dialog from the file menu does not open the old file export for me. It opens the new one which doesn't seem to have any switches I could see to change from/to advanced?

I haven't seen any switch for that, but to access the old dialog you can choose Export from within your Control Bar module.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I haven't seen any switch for that, but to access the old dialog you can choose Export from within your Control Bar module.

Thanks Olaf!

That was where I strayed. I was under the belief it was from file|export which is what I normally use.

I'll check this out tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Olaf said:

Yeah, that's what I still use. To be honest, I don't see the point to the new dialog, which does everything you could very easily already do before. I mean if you waned to export without effects, you can select all tracks (CTRL+A), then click on the FX rack On/Off, then export. It's not hard; if you wanted it without sends, you can open up all sends buses, select, mute, then export. I don't see much utility in replacing the On/Off on the tracks with a check box in the dialog, still the same thing, only with more clutter to manage. But, hey, it's and addition, to a diminution, so I don't mind.

This dialog is not so new as you think, because when you used the menu "File > Export > Audio ..." to export your audio there was nearly the same dialog (looking a bit older) for many years (even in Sonar)! Okay, there are now some welcome improvements (other than the look):

1. Name generation with tags and separation of path
  2. Time selection can be changed in dialog
  3. Task queue.

By the way this detailed export dialog was one of the reasons for me to choose Sonar X3 that time! It is true that you can get similar results by muting and so on, but then your project is changed and you have to remember to reset everything (or you always have to do a save before an export). Even today I prefer the Cakewalk export dialog over all other DAWs that I know (~10).

On 9/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

Can you ask a moderator to move this to the request forum to make this a request? I would like to vote on this. There are times when I just want to bounce something in place too and end up having to drag the bounced clip from Track 80 to Track 14. 

You can actually do that if you first create the destination track where you want it and then select it every time you want to bounce the clip. The problem for me is that unlike the rest of the parameters of the dialog, this does not persist for the next time. Instead, creation of a new track is suggested by default, making you to unfold the dialog track list and choose the destination track you want every time. If it wasn´t for that, I could bounce clips with just two key presses.

Edited by JoseC
Clarity

12 minutes ago, JoseC said:

You can actually do that

No you can't. Cause I've tried this for years. I dont mix while I record, or compose. I do my mixing after everything is layed out. So like I said: If you have 80 tracks, it will create the new bouced track on Track 81. 

41 minutes ago, chimkin2 said:

How about it just goes if you click anywhere else but the notification ? ☺️

Works for me!

....but we've already heard from others who want it to remain for extended time.

Edited by Keni

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

No you can't. Cause I've tried this for years. I dont mix while I record, or compose. I do my mixing after everything is layed out. So like I said: If you have 80 tracks, it will create the new bouced track on Track 81. 

Maybe we are missunderstanding each other. You can bounce to any audio track you have, you do not need CbB to create a new track for you. My complaint is that it always suggests it by default, and that you need to change that every time:

819976376_BounceTrack.gif.af0d5bb705c2a3b750dbede2b5809b88.gif

Edited by JoseC
Typo

17 minutes ago, JoseC said:

Maybe we are missunderstanding each other. You can bounce to any audio track you have, you do not need CbB to create a new track for you. My complaint is that it always suggests it by default, and that you need to change that every time:

Yes, you are.

Let's not hijack this thread any further. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

A new EA build has been posted that includes fixes for several reported issues and numerous improvements. Please check it out and report back if you encounter any problems.

In particular please look at the new export folder source category and the improved handling of aux tracks and sidechains when exporting or soloing tracks. Anyone who had issues with soft synths or tempo changes not rendering properly please check out this build.  @Terry Kelley hopefully your problems with the last beta should be resolved. @Promidi @chimkin2 does the folder export and improved sidechain handling cover your requirements?

Happy labor day weekend!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 1

29 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Please try this in todays build.

This is great thank you so much Noel ☺️....I can finally export a bunch of folders in a queue

A few things I noticed...

The order of the Track Folders in the Export Dialogue is different to the order in the Project ( not sure what logic it is using ) 

When selecting the What To Export Source, I ticked what I wanted but then realised I hadn't chosen my Export Preset. When I did so the export dialogue returned to the default " Entire Mix " and I lost my selection.

When I changed the Range from Time Selection to Entire Mix and then back again , I did not get my original Time Selection back. It seems to stay on the Entire Mix range thereafter.   

image.png.43d1e1682e436482cb4c459afda7ad15.png

PS - I can confirm I have tested the Folder Export and all seems great  :)

PPS - Just a thought, whilst using the Task Queue...would it make more sense for the Task Name to Default to the same as the Filename ?

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

A new EA build has been posted that includes fixes for several reported issues and numerous improvements. Please check it out and report back if you encounter any problems.

@Terry Kelley hopefully your problems with the last beta should be resolved.

Happy labor day weekend!

It appears to have fixed it. I tried BB=0 and 245 (which failed before.) If I see any other issues I'll let you know. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, chimkin2 said:

This is great thank you so much Noel ☺️....I can finally export a bunch of folders in a queue

A few things I noticed...

The order of the Track Folders in the Export Dialogue is different to the order in the Project ( not sure what logic it is using ) 

When selecting the What To Export Source, I ticked what I wanted but then realised I hadn't chosen my Export Preset. When I did so the export dialogue returned to the default " Entire Mix " and I lost my selection.

When I changed the Range from Time Selection to Entire Mix and then back again , I did not get my original Time Selection back. It seems to stay on the Entire Mix range thereafter.   

image.png.43d1e1682e436482cb4c459afda7ad15.png

PS - I can confirm I have tested the Folder Export and all seems great  :)

PPS - Just a thought, whilst using the Task Queue...would it make more sense for the Task Name to Default to the same as the Filename ?

Not in general because a single task can generate multiple files depending on the source category.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Not in general because a single task can generate multiple files depending on the source category.

Understood, thanks for the clarification. ☺️

One slight thing I am struggling with, I may be doing it wrong but I thought if I added the Tag of 'Folder' after the main filename it should work but I get the warning about it  not producing unique filenames.

image.thumb.png.06e7259b472231650cd285fb78231875.png