[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 114]

5 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

AFIK The track and clip tokens only apply when exporting with source category track or clip respectively. If you are exporting the entire project it wont pick those up since the export isn’t per clip.

Thanks Noel... I'll look over that aspect too The project is only one track and  What little processing I'm doing is in the PC. I might try using the track instead of the master bus as I'm not doing anything there...?

10 minutes ago, Keni said:

Thanks Noel...

I got that. I'm having trouble getting it to pickup the clipname using it's tag. I don't want the project name...

{clipname} M

I got

M

Trying again right now...

Interesting... It won't let me as it is trying to over write the files named M still ignoring the clipname tag

Okay. If I understand correctly from top of my head: In order to get the clip names - you have to expand the WHAT TO EXPORT CATERGORY and in the drop down menu right there choose CLIPS. Remove the filename (don't think its necessary for clips) click the tag icon and under TRACK/CLIP PROPERTIES click on the clip tap to get the clip (s) name. 

Forgive me for not making a video to show this. We never had snow before where i'm from and it's been snowing the past 5 years every year. So as you can imagine, i'm upstairs in bed with the heat fan blowing watching Netflix. Not use to this extreme cold and the studio is not equipped with a 2-in-1 AC. 

Global warming is real. 

1 minute ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Okay. If I understand correctly from top of my head: In order to get the clip names - you have to expand the WHAT TO EXPORT CATERGORY and in the drop down menu right there choose CLIPS. Remove the filename (don't think its necessary for clips) click the tag icon and under TRACK/CLIP PROPERTIES click on the clip tap to get the clip (s) name. 

Forgive me for not making a video to show this. We never had snow before where i'm from and it's been snowing the past 5 years every year. So as you can imagine, i'm upstairs in bed with the heat fan blowing watching Netflix. Not use to this extreme cold and the studio is not equipped with a 2-in-1 AC. 

Global warming is real. 

Nothing to forgive. You're helping me! I appreciate what I get, not what I don't get.... though I keep looking! 😉

Wow! Snow while we're buring up! Small planet, lots of places! 😉 I wish I could send you some of our heat!

Yeah, I get it now about the clip source needed to use clipname tag.... So it's not gonna help me... But discovery of the reset tasks to current setting might be another boon but I'm too burnt to try any more tonight... Tomorrow!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keni said:

I need the clip in it's time location on the track, not the clip isolated...

Oh! HIGHLIGHT the clip in the project SOLO IT and then SHIFT+L -- go up to export, expand RANGE choose Time Select (ed) - [ion] then click on the clock (or music note - not sure) and do the other steps above and EXPORT. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

I was actually liking the Effect bin menus having the dark background in build 95. 

I was kind of hoping this dark background could be used for the adding synth selection as well... (Same with the marker selection drop down in the marker console module)

Any chance these can be exposed in the Theme Editor?

• Great Idea 1

This is a great update especially the new export update will really save a lot of time!

However I'm having some issues with my kontakt (midi) drum tracks actually speeding up (gradually) in relation to my audio tracks when exported...

This does not happen when I'm using real-time bounce. Thinking its got something to do with the new bounce buffer size.

edit: am using the latest build 99

Edited by Wong Jian Ming
  • Thanks 1

I tried the File/Export/Audio method and when set to what I thought was the right parameters for a total mix-down, it didn't. It created a 4kb file of nothing. I fiddled about and finally got a complete mix-down. I am not sure if I was stuck in the "random clip was select" hell but what would seem to be intuitive settings like Entire Mix didn't do it. I need to read more about this. Otherwise the early access version works.

19 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

I still want to understand why if we set ENTIRE PROJECT to record a task, this task is stored with the project time instead of actually doing what is parameterized, that is: being executed under the current conditions of the ENTIRE PROJECt.

I understand that when we parameterize the ENTIRE PROJECT the task should MIRROR the ENTIRE PROJECT of the moment and not the moment the task was recorded.

The "Entire Project" setting refers to the project duration, not the track selection. "Entire Project" means the same as having a duration of 0, which automatically selects the entire project duration.

When using a task queue, "Entire project"  always uses the current full duration of the project, not the duration when the task was created.

2 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

In my operations, if I do this 10, 15 times the ENTIRE PROJECT of the task is always set as if the project was still from the first one.

See if there is any automation data or other hidden events that could affect the project duration. If there are no other events that affects the duration, can you please send us a project that exposes the issue?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Many thanks for the reply.

I understood that ENTIRE PROJECT should do this by default, but in my tests so far, it seems to me, this option is not considered in the example situation.

I have a project that I use only to MASTERIZE.

I import the mixed WAV and run 2 tasks. One to generate MP3 and another WAV.

Then, in this same project still open, I delete the previously imported Wav and import a new wav to generate the master WAV and MP3 of this new wav that I imported.

The generation of the latter, even though ENTIRE PROJECT is configured in the task, instead of doing this configuration in the generation, it takes into account the first imported WAV.

And this successively, because I take advantage of the same mastering project, where I import the mixed wav to master.

In my operations, if I do this 10, 15 times the ENTIRE PROJECT of the task is always set as if the project was still from the first one.

There is no task reset to actually run with the current project size.

If you import a wav onto a NEW track that did not exist before this will not work because the tasks will not know about it. However if you import data onto pre existing tracks it should work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

I don't have automation data in this project I use.
There are only two lanes. One for parallel compression when needed.

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in your project. Do you get the same results if you remove all plug-ins or start from a blank project?

Are you able to record a short video that shows the problem?

I just did a rollback out of this early release. If I play a song, all tracks are in sync. When I export it to wave, some tracks are delayed by a couple of beats. Since it's fine when I play it inside Cakewalk, there isn't anything I can look at to figure out what is going on.

I'll recheck it with the formal release but for now, I am back to 058.

2 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

I just did a rollback out of this early release. If I play a song, all tracks are in sync. When I export it to wave, some tracks are delayed by a couple of beats. Since it's fine when I play it inside Cakewalk, there isn't anything I can look at to figure out what is going on.

If this is related to the EA, kindly provide the development team the project where this issue occurred to diagnose the problem - otherwise this could carry over to the official release.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

If this is related to the EA, kindly provide the development team the project where this issue occurred to diagnose the problem - otherwise this could carry over to the official release.

There's nothing is EA99 that I need at this moment so I will wait for the dust to settle and stick with 058. I tried advanced too but not every combination of buffer and other settings.  I would like a setting that is effectively "Just Mix Down The Whole Damn Song As It Sounds Like When It Plays" without wondering if I need some setting tweaked to accomplish what the toolbar Export does - when it works. :)

I get that to be able to export the various buses, clips, tracks, etc. to do some pretty slick stuff requires the dialog to be rather complex. But a "Just Mix Down the Damn Song" button would be cool too in the Advanced settings unless advanced effects the tool bar export. I haven't tried that yet.

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

@Terry Kelley Rolling back without providing any info is not going to help us solve the issue you are running into before we release. 
Can you provide like to a small project that has this issue? By any chance are you using the export buffer size higher than your audio device buffer size. There is an issue we're investigating there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1