[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 114]

2 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I plan to extend similar behavior to tracks and aux tracks when exporting but it will require some work.

Great stuff Noel. Is it really necessary for tracks though? I mean sidechain with tracks serves a different purpose. It's double the work for you and an unnecessary feature. Only do this for Aux tracks. They're more flexible than Buses. ☺

1 hour ago, GreenLight said:

Thanks a lot, @Will_Kaydo! 👍 Seems to work great! 😀 Ah, the concept requires that the track you want to bounce ("original track") is routed to an intermediary bus, before going to Master, and the you bounce with the intermediary bus as source. (If it goes straight to Master, you will get the sidechain source audio mixed in.) I think this is a faster and cleaner way, than the way described in the Cakewalk documentation.

To not hi-jack this thread, I have continued that discussion here. Thanks again, Will!

☺ Yes and what Noel said and more. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Great stuff Noel. Is it really necessary for tracks though? I mean sidechain with tracks serves a different purpose. It's double the work for you and an unnecessary feature. Only do this for Aux tracks. They're more flexible than Buses. ☺

Sidechains and auxes are just different sides of the same problem. Internally they are buses. In Cakewalk when you send to a sidechain its sending to a hidden sidechain bus, Thats how multiple tracks can send to the same sidechain.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexHomeStudio said:

The program crashes after applying the Bounce To Clip command

@AlexHomeStudio We’ll need a bit more information to solve this. Please list the specific steps you are doing and if you can reproduce this in any project.  Also please attach the dump file for the crash to help us investigate the cause.
Not seeing any problems here bouncing to clips.

Export dialog/bounce to track(s):

1. It would be nice if the dialog height would be configurable as it is a bit too large on laptops with 768 height only (1 line)!
  2. In the "bounce to track(s)" dialog the channel format "Follow Source" is missing and this can conflict using a preset with it (here it has chosen stereo for a mono track instead)

AudioSnap/Quantization:

1. Changing the threshold and the resolution (e.g. to 1/16) the detection results are noticeable improved! 👍
  2. One thing I am more concerned about is that the rendering with the Radius-algorithms still show major transient displacements (note/hit starts moved more than 10ms). Also, in the past it happened sometimes that a transient part was repeated within 1ms or was removed! Using the Elastique-Pro-algorithm I get absolutely acceptable displacements for the note/hit start and end (within 1ms). But zooming in to about -18dB I still determine major degradation within the notes that is also audible. Partly it is even difficult to find similarites of the wave form.

14 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Sidechains and auxes are just different sides of the same problem. Internally they are buses. In Cakewalk when you send to a sidechain its sending to a hidden sidechain bus, Thats how multiple tracks can send to the same sidechain.

Exactly, but its not what i meant. 😊

31 minutes ago, marled said:

1. It would be nice if the dialog height would be configurable as it is a bit too large on laptops with 768 height only (1 line)!

The minimum supported resolution for CbB is 1280 x 800.   But in saying that it does fit on a screen 768 high.

The last size & position of the dialog is stored in the registry, so it remembers it globally for the next time you use it.

31 minutes ago, marled said:
  1. In the "bounce to track(s)" dialog the channel format "Follow Source" is missing and this can conflict using a preset with it (here it has chosen stereo for a mono track instead)

It's not missing - "Follow Source" was never available in the bounce to track(s) dialog.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marled said:

2. In the "bounce to track(s)" dialog the channel format "Follow Source" is missing and this can conflict using a preset with it (here it has chosen stereo for a mono track instead)

AudioSnap/Quantization:

1. Changing the threshold and the resolution (e.g. to 1/16) the detection results are noticeable improved! 👍
  2. One thing I am more concerned about is that the rendering with the Radius-algorithms still show major transient displacements (note/hit starts moved more than 10ms). Also, in the past it happened sometimes that a transient part was repeated within 1ms or was removed! Using the Elastique-Pro-algorithm I get absolutely acceptable displacements for the note/hit start and end (within 1ms). But zooming in to about -18dB I still determine major degradation within the notes that is also audible. Partly it is even difficult to find similarites of the wave form.

Thanks for the feedback. We don’t really have control with how Radius handles its stretching since it was developed by iZotope and its no longer maintained by them. IIRC radius internally uses its own transients rather than ours so I don’t expect a major change there even though our detection is improved. Do you see better behavior with the elastique stretching? Elastique is more advanced than Radius and is still maintained by zPlane.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi folks there is a new build 99  posted today that addresses several issues noted. See the main post.

Do we have to use the download installer to get it? THere's no toast notification and check for updates says I have the latest version. Assuming the answer is yes?

11 minutes ago, Dave Maffris said:

Do we have to use the download installer to get it? THere's no toast notification and check for updates says I have the latest version. Assuming the answer is yes?

Early Access versions are not distributed like production releases. A link to the Early Access installer is in the original post

16 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I need help/clarification.

1 - I use a standard project to master.
2 - In this project I inserted two tasks. One to generate WAV and one to generate MP3.
3 - In this project I import the mixed WAV.
4 - I use the ENTIRE PROJECT parameter in the tasks, as it is in this same project that I perform the mastering. So the size of each track/tempo changes with each mastering I'm going to do.
5 - However, the execution of tasks at each import of a new track to master is not executed.
6 - The only solution I have found so far is to RETRIEVE THE PARAMETERS OF EACH TASK, confirm that I want to ENTIRE PROJECT and execute.

Any tips for the tasks to be executed considering the new sizes/times of the inserted track?

Maybe ask a moderator to move this to the Q&A section and we'll be happy to help you answer your Question. 

About Bounce to Tracks dialog: would it be possible to make the chosen track to persist until changed? I often sample soft synth loops when browsing presets, make them groove clips and drag them to the browser. I use to set a track in the project for that purpose, and it is unconvenient that by default the Bounce to Tracks dialog suggests a new track.

3 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

I need help/clarification.

1 - I use a standard project to master.
2 - In this project I inserted two tasks. One to generate WAV and one to generate MP3.
3 - In this project I import the mixed WAV.
4 - I use the ENTIRE PROJECT parameter in the tasks, as it is in this same project that I perform the mastering. So the size of each track/tempo changes with each mastering I'm going to do.
5 - However, the execution of tasks at each import of a new track to master is not executed.
6 - The only solution I have found so far is to RETRIEVE THE PARAMETERS OF EACH TASK, confirm that I want to ENTIRE PROJECT and execute.

Any tips for the tasks to be executed considering the new sizes/times of the inserted track?

Entire project refers to the selection time range  in the project. However if you add new tracks to the project later they won't be included in that task.

IOW tasks are very specific to the project state at the time the tasks were created. If you change the project later you have to make a new task or update it. Tasks are not intended to be valid for the lifetime of a project if you make changes to it. It's cheap to make new tasks so just delete the old ones and create new tasks.

57 minutes ago, JoseC said:

About Bounce to Tracks dialog: would it be possible to make the chosen track to persist until changed? I often sample soft synth loops when browsing presets, make them groove clips and drag them to the browser. I use to set a track in the project for that purpose, and it is unconvenient that by default the Bounce to Tracks dialog suggests a new track.

Not easily because there could also be more than one track as a source.