[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access [Updated to build 114]

This is really great, thanks!

The AudioSnap improvements sound very interesting, as well as the new export module! I almost gave up AudioSnap some time ago, but it seems my calls have not been unheard!

As soon as possible I'll give the new version (early access) a try! It sounds very amazing! Great improvements! 😊 👍

Edited by marled

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

Export procedures are a major evolution and we know we will go much further now.

A question that came to me from this format.
Is the final file name and location saved according to the task?

If I enter different names and locations in the stored Tasks it will generate like this or will name and location always be those contained in the task parameterization box?

image.png.efb947fb7dfb343df7de5b6a5d2faf6d.png

Yes.  But you'll want to have unique filenames so each task doesn't overwrite the results of the previous.

You can use the {taskname} tag in the filename if necessary.

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

When exporting clips it is not possible to configure or there is no tag to export the clip with its name

image.png.9d23f354118af4f1020cd7768c182dcb.png

Tags 

image.png.6550a8ed85fac16c6a33cb915f807798.png

this name without or with the index

image.png.ce7b1ebab960a827c6ffed57a10e3d00.png    

image.png

If you set the filename to something like:

{projectname}-{tracknumber}-{trackname}-{laneindex}-{clipindex}-{clipname}

You'll get the clip name at the end.

If you just want the clip name, set the filename to:

{clipname}

13 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Thank you, but your guidance does not work as I want to parameterize.

Even selecting clip export the clip name (Marhino) is not generated.

image.png.5843758954eb391ef233f2e5a364ec2d.png

I'd need to see the whole of the export dialog to try to figure out why this is happening.

1 minute ago, Milton Sica said:

I believe there may be a problem with the translation into Portuguese.

I don't see the parameterization in my language.

At the end, the name is generated in this format.

Marhino(69).wav

I want to generate the final filename without the index (69)

Only like this:

marhino.wav

image.png.953d20a02d76a9a305bb1647a687756c.png

The index is in fact part of the name.

image.thumb.png.8a6cd9f0bfc2227c2ee97523d46a5c96.png

You'll need to rename the clip to remove the index.

If you've got lots of clips on the track, and want them all with the same name, do this:

rename_all_clips_in_track.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

A task basically =  Bounce Settings + Project Selection + Checked Sources

• The Bounce Settings can be stored as a preset in the top preset dropdown.   The filename is now also stored with the preset, so if you use the new filename tags it can pick up what it needs from the project properties, or alternatively make it blank before saving the preset.
  • Project Selection + Checked Sources are obviously project specific.

In most cases, the bounce settings presets should suffice.

There's no reason why you couldn't save your tasks as part of a project template though.  You might need to recall/update them if you change or add new tracks though.

Thanks ms...

It's gonna take me a few minutes to wrap my head around this.

Yes, handy as is for many things. Already a saver for my mastering template. All that remains in that path are the mp3 dialog settings so in need of presets! 🙂

...but for building new projects, the ability to use presets including tasks seems an obviously handy tool!

...Please don’t take me wrong. I love the new features and see a few extra elements to make it a more "complete " job?

Thanks again for your time explaining. Age is making me more confused than drugs ever did!

48 minutes ago, Keni said:

Thanks ms...

It's gonna take me a few minutes to wrap my head around this.

Yes, handy as is for many things. Already a saver for my mastering template. All that remains in that path are the mp3 dialog settings so in need of presets! 🙂

...but for building new projects, the ability to use presets including tasks seems an obviously handy tool!

...Please don’t take me wrong. I love the new features and see a few extra elements to make it a more "complete " job?

Thanks again for your time explaining. Age is making me more confused than drugs ever did!

Also to add to what Mark said, tasks are by definition per project so it doesn't make sense to share them across project since they contain information that is keyed to a specific project. MP3 presets would be a different feature that we may consider in the future.

Excellent update.

However, I have noticed something with the export results using different export buffer settings that I am not sure if it’s expected.

If I have a VSTi (in my case, AAS String Studio VS-3) that has sequential pitch bend events applied to achieve a glide from one note to another, the higher I set the export buffer setting to, the more stepping in the pitch bends I can hear.   I am using pitch bends i9n the PRV controller lane. I have net tested it using automation as I use CCs in the PRV for my workflow.

To achieve an exported file with a smooth pitch bend generated glide, I need to set the buffer to 1. 

To make sure it was not a String Studio VS-3 issue, I tried the same thing in a Rapture Pro patch that had just one sawtooth  -  same ting happened there as well.  I get stepped pitch bend.

Is this expected behaviour if I set the export value is set to higher values?

11 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

EXPORT

1) The information of the folder chosen for export is not kept with the saving of the project. Every opening it returns to the default value.

image.png.29b663416779e8f9d48f565b3dda98b4.png

2) Tasks after being performed are unchecked. If you want to run the tasks again you need to close the window and reopen it or check each box. It would be nice to have a box that allows you to check/uncheck all tasks and that, after their execution, they are not unchecked.

image.png.8cc8991ca77f5cfcf1dfde0588d705c8.png

Both of these are intentional.

1 hour ago, chimkin2 said:

This is brilliant - I look forward to using ☺️

Do you think it will be possible to add  Folders as a source in the " What To Export " section ? 

Not sure what you mean by "Folders". What to export refers to sources within the current project such as tracks, buses, arrangements.

2 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Not sure what you mean by "Folders". What to export refers to sources within the current project such as tracks, buses, arrangements.

Hi Noel ☺️

Yes- For example in this project if I needed to export all the Guitars or all the Vocals which are organised within the project into Folders , hope that makes sense ?  It would be much quicker than selecting individually.

image.png.e4d9986eb2ca3539635387b001d64e53.png

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

Excellent update.

However, I have noticed something with the export results using different export buffer settings that I am not sure if it’s expected.

If I have a VSTi (in my case, AAS String Studio VS-3) that has sequential pitch bend events applied to achieve a glide from one note to another, the higher I set the export buffer setting to, the more stepping in the pitch bends I can hear.   I am using pitch bends i9n the PRV controller lane. I have net tested it using automation as I use CCs in the PRV for my workflow.

To achieve an exported file with a smooth pitch bend generated glide, I need to set the buffer to 1. 

To make sure it was not a String Studio VS-3 issue, I tried the same thing in a Rapture Pro patch that had just one sawtooth  -  same ting happened there as well.  I get stepped pitch bend.

Is this expected behaviour if I set the export value is set to higher values?

This is a symptom of running plugins that don't support sample accurate automation. i.e only VST3 plugins can deal with sub buffer automation.
If you have pitch bends or other plugin automation, when you  run at a high buffer size, unless the plugins support sample accurate automation you will hear it applied at the buffer boundaries, hence you get quantization. There is no solution to that other than running at a lower buffer size.

One thing I can potentially consider in the future is artificially running plugins are a lower buffer size when they have automation to work around this limitation.

BTW @Promidi this problem should not happen for VST3 plugins because we are already sub decimating buffers to 5 msec boundaries. So even if you had a buffer size of 350, VST3 plugins should receive periodic sub buffer automation timestamps every 5 msec.
Can you verify that this is not an issue with VST3 plugins?

• Great Idea 1

22 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is a symptom of running plugins that don't support sample accurate automation. i.e only VST3 plugins can deal with sub buffer automation.
If you have pitch bends or other plugin automation, when you  run at a high buffer size, unless the plugins support sample accurate automation you will hear it applied at the buffer boundaries, hence you get quantization. There is no solution to that other than running at a lower buffer size.

One thing I can potentially consider in the future is artificially running plugins are a lower buffer size when they have automation to work around this limitation.

i thought buffer only affected realtime playback/recording, not export, i thought export just took as long as it needed?