What's the story with Snap enable/disable in PRV?

Keni

I won't launch a tirade  though I gotta say this one has been a noodge for a long time.

It was great the offer separate snap settings for TV vs. PRV, but shouldn't the snap enable button toggle BOTH (as it seems is needed)?

If I'm trying to disable snap while in PRV, the snap command turns off TV's snap but not PRV's snap which seems only to respond to mouse clicks separately!

If I simply disable the PRV's snap, the program defaults back to the TV's snap instead of off!

Please.... Little pains get annoying with time.

Or am I missing something? Has this been dealt with in some other way?

6 hours ago, chimkin2 said:

Exactly my point...why not just decouple them it would be more logical I think ? At least give us an option to have them linked or not ☺️

Or simply adding a master toggle with keybinding that enable/disables both simultaneously as I expected the global to do!

...and why must the grid disappear when snap is disabled? Very uncomfortable for me as I use the grid as guidelines even when not snapping!

Edited by Keni

My grid's always visible whether snap is enabled or not. Is there more than one way to toggle it? I always click on the snap unit button to turn it off and on. 

I don't really care whether the TV and PRV snap settings are linked, because I don't actually ever use grid snap in the track view, only in the PRV. That's just me, though.

snap.png

58 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

My grid's always visible whether snap is enabled or not. Is there more than one way to toggle it? I always click on the snap unit button to turn it off and on. 

I don't really care whether the TV and PRV snap settings are linked, because I don't actually ever use grid snap in the track view, only in the PRV. That's just me, though.

snap.png

OK. That’s a biggie!

When snap is finally fully disabled, my 16th note grid (typical) disappears.

Note I say fully disabled. Turning off PRV's snap stops it's over-ride and PRV is then snapping to global. So they must both be off too see this. I’m guessing this relates to the grid follows snap?