Dips in volume on tracks

Hi folks, apols in advance if this isn't the right place for this question. I'm having a few problems with tracks in my mixes occasionally and seemingly randomly dipping in volume on playback. It doesn't discriminate either - it can happen on midi or audio tracks, and it's happening so randomly I can't put my finger on what's causing it. I can play the same section 5 times and it'll happen in different places on each occasion. Also it doesn't happen to all tracks in the mix, only some of them. It seems to occur more with drum and bass tracks so i've wondered if it might be phase issues, but it's not happening in the same place each time so I'm thinking if it was that, then it would.

My PC is a high spec custom built audio workstation so there's plenty CPU and RAM to spare. Any help most gratefully received.

Edited by Johnny F

22 hours ago, bitflipper said:

That sounds like you may have a plugin running in demo mode. Try bypassing all effects (using the global bypass feature) and see if the volume drops cease.

Thanks man...I'll give that a go.

UPDATE: So, yeah it seems plugins are/may be responsible. Narrowed it down to two possible offenders...Beatskillz Beatfactory Drums and  Cymatics Diablo Lite. Further investigations afoot...

UPDATE 2: Beatskillz Beatfactory Drums is the offender for sure. Grrr 🤬 Thanks so much for replying to my post with your helpful advice @bitflipper

Edited by Johnny F

Some plugins require an extra step to authorize them. I don't know about your specific instrument (I have a policy about never buying any product that uses the word "Beatz":) but instructions were either included with documentation you downloaded or perhaps in an email they sent to you after purchase.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Some plugins require an extra step to authorize them. I don't know about your specific instrument (I have a policy about never buying any product that uses the word "Beatz":) but instructions were either included with documentation you downloaded or perhaps in an email they sent to you after purchase.

😁 Yeah, I hear ya about the 'Beatz' thing. It was installed correctly according to the documentation...it's all a bit odd. All working fine now though. I'm generally of the opinion that life's too short to be figuring out why some plugins just don't interact well with the rest of your software unless a) they're crucial to your workflow and / or b) you paid for them. In this case, Beatskillz Beatfactory Drums is neither of those things!