Cakwalk changes midi sound after recording

Hello

I bought the Majestic Horn sound in the Sine Player by Orchestral Tools. I really like the sound there but for some reason the sound and the volume changes after I record a melody. The volume is suddenly really quiet and the sound is not the one I selected in the first. Can anyone explain how this happens? I am fairly new to Cakewalk and recording in general. Any help is really appreciated :)

Are the velocities really low values like you very lightly pressed the keys? At low velocities the sound can change dramatically.

Highlight the clip, right click and select View Events. Look at the velocity values in the 5th  column from the left (I think.)

Edited by Terry Kelley

No, that's not it unfortunately. the velocities seem to be fine. It`s weird because it doesn't happen with any other audio track. It's just always when i select the horns and record it, it sounds nice but when I play it back the volume is extremely low and the actual sound is not the horns sound I initially selected. And that happens every time i hit the record button.

I am relatively new when it comes to using daws so it takes some time for me to find all the spots where I need to look at. After looking at the event list i couldn't find any patch or controller changes. I see the column for the audio track, some time data, the channel, the type, the notes and another column what seems to be the velocity. There is nothing that would indicate a controller or patch change. And if the controller or patch would change I think i would see it on the left side too in the inspector area but nothing changes there. :/

In order to show what happens I uploaded a short video that shows my problem.

Edited by Tobias Landmann

Actually the velocity was real low as well. Looked like about 40 to me. And your screen shot didn't include the thing I was looking for the MIdi channel and Patch boxes. That is were you set any changes. Or you can set those to NONE and use the GUI to set patches.