How do I get smooth Tempo changes?

djwolf

I was really hoping to find something like the "insert a controller" mechanism.  That is, say modulation that starts at bar 20 at a modulation of 40 to bar 22 at a modulation of 60 and the controller puts in a smooth transition over the two bars of the modulation graduating from 40 to 60.  So, I'm looking for an accelerando effect.  At bar 11 I want a sudden change from 120 bpm to 80 bpm and then a smooth even speed up from bar 11 to bar 17 where it finally becomes 120 bpm again.

I'm in tempo view.  I can insert tempos but not gradual increases or decreases from one point in my music to another.  I could spend an hour or so with a calculator working out how many ticks in a 6 bar segment would be needed for 1 point increase of bpm and insert all 40 points manually while cursing the software.  Or, I could draw a line freehand from bar 11 at 80 bpm to the 120 bpm minute mark at bar 17 but after several attempts at this the inaccuracy of my poor freehand attempts are less than satisfactory.

Am I missing something or is this just a case of software not reaching its potential?   

Hope I'm not misunderstanding what you're trying to do, but if you select the "Line" draw mode (right click on "Draw" in the Tools Module), you can draw lines from point to point in the Tempo View.

I think that's the same thing @Tez is saying...

Edited by Variorum