All Righty Then

DeeringAmps

Tom . . . really love this, classic, with a beautiful sounding recording, some excellent singing and guitar playing. Did the original sound this good ? Not even going to check, since it's been 50 years of technology advances. Congrats for keeping the past alive into the future !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jacques BoileauThank you, actually I bought Sunset & Lurssen when they first came out (March 2020).
At the time, I pulled this out of the "vault" and used it as a "vehicle" to test them out.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:28 PM, noynekker said:

Did the original sound this good ?

@noynekkerCertainly the performances were far better (Kossoff and Rodgers are two of my favorites).
the mix? I'm not going to "flatter" myself...

On 8/21/2021 at 8:28 PM, noynekker said:

Congrats for keeping the past alive

I started doing covers as soon as I installed Cakewalk Professional 3.0 in '94? maybe it was early '95.
As Ian Anderson said, I'm "Living in the Past".
Thanks for the kind words.

@bjornpdx

On 8/21/2021 at 10:24 PM, bjornpdx said:

Recreation Park in Long Beach, CA

Early 70's we played there all the time. I can't remember the name of the "promoter". His dad was a minister, and must have had some "pull"
in local government. He would stage a Golden Gate Park type concert on a fairly regular basis. As far as I know the city never denied
him a permit; thus my thinking his father had some pull.
Much appreciate the review.

@mark skinnerThanks so much, really means a lot 🙏.

@Bajan BlueI really am a fan, so I sure you know how much I appreciate your kind words.

@KurtSRodgers and Steve Marriott are at the top of my "Top Ten British Vocalists" list; Kossoff is one of the best.
Thanks for being supportive.

@GremThank You! "I would have thrown in some Ride Bell on that last chorus" I get it, I was focused on getting the toms right!

@freddy j "Rogers was quite a showman" Free opened for Blind Faith in '69. I thought "Who is this cocky little b-a-s-t-a-r-d?".
Free was the highlight of the night and I figured out those cocky Brits were.
Thank you so much for the kind words Freddy.

@hsmSunset Studios is a good one to be sure. Thanks for the listen and comments.

Thank you @Makke

@Jim FogleYou are much too kind, thank you.

Thank you @jack c.

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

Great tone on the lead!! This is one of my favorite songs of all time. Love it!!

Going for the second listen.

Now about the plugins:

I don't think you over did the Sunset!! Sounds sweet. And that Kosoff lead sound "and" feel you nailed. 

I would have thrown in some Ride Bell on that last chorus.... but then again... 😀

Sounds great t

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember the amount of airplay that this song used to get "back in the day".  Rogers was quite a showman and I loved this song.  And congratulations, on an absoflippinlutely great cover.  Great guitar playing and you really put some expression in the vocals.  Well done!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

@bjornpdx

Early 70's we played there all the time. I can't remember the name of the "promoter". His dad was a minister, and must have had some "pull"
in local government. He would stage a Golden Gate Park type concert on a fairly regular basis. As far as I know the city never denied
him a permit; thus my thinking his father had some pull.
Much appreciate the review.

t

tom, I used to live near Recreation Park at that time.  So you were the guys making all that racket over there?  😊

-Bjorn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1