Rant About My New Les Paul!

bayoubill

On 5/2/2019 at 12:10 PM, kitekrazy said:

I've have a LP Studio.  I don't play very much.  Is it wrong to have an LP and not play it every day?

I've have over a dozen DAW's with 100's of  Virtual instruments I don't play very much . Is it wrong to have all these DAW's and Virtual Instruments and not play them every day ?

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

I've have over a dozen DAW's with 100's of  Virtual instruments I don't play very much . Is it wrong to have all these DAW's and Virtual Instruments and not play them every day ?

Kenny

At one time I had about 7 cheap electrics and traded them in for a LP Studio.  So I have a Tele and an older model PRS Santana SE.    So the scenario is a bit different.  But it is definitely wrong to have all of this DAW stuff and maybe use 10% of it every day. I'd like a variant of a real PRS with a wide fat neck but if I could afford one I probably still wouldn't buy it because I don't play every day.   This is what happens when you get into the electronic genres. You push buttons. I have plenty of real instruments and don't play them.  Not only that is wrong but now a major sin.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

At one time I had about 7 cheap electrics and traded them in for a LP Studio.  So I have a Tele and an older model PRS Santana SE.    So the scenario is a bit different.  But it is definitely wrong to have all of this DAW stuff and maybe use 10% of it every day. I'd like a variant of a real PRS with a wide fat neck but if I could afford one I probably still wouldn't buy it because I don't play every day.   This is what happens when you get into the electronic genres. You push buttons. I have plenty of real instruments and don't play them.  Not only that is wrong but now a major sin.

Talk to me when you can play a different guitar every day of the week for over a month and a half with out ever repeating your self .

....then you and I  will be closer to being on the same page .

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

7 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Talk to me when you can play a different guitar every day of the week for over a month and a half with out ever repeating your self .

Kenny

I've tried this, but found that the people generally didn't like the fact that I broke into their homes and was playing their guitars...

• Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Kenny

2 hours ago, craigb said:

I've tried this, but found that the people generally didn't like the fact that I broke into their homes and was playing their guitars...

Since Guitar playing has been real good too me and brought me Great Fame and Fortune .

Lets make it more interesting for ya and worth all the time and effort you will need to put out .

Instead of going for my guitars ,

Why not go for my 60 foot yacht , my Ferrari or my Lake side waterfront  vacation property with the Sea Plane docked over by  the boat ramp ?

In my underground climate controlled  Car Vault Bunker , I keep a full collection of Vintage American Muscle Cars that would make Jay Leno green w envy.

Even have every year Corvette  ever made from the first year they came out right up unto this year in two colors.

They are all low original mileage and many of the Corvettes are convertibles .

Do you need or want the keys to my house ? They are hidden over by the front gate under the blue rock with the white stripe next to the rose bush ...

BTW, when the thrill of that Fairy Tale Fantasy wears off , the sad truth of it all is  ....

This is what it's all gonna be about in the end anyway Home Slice ....lol ....

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

On 5/3/2019 at 3:33 PM, Kenny Wilson said:

Kenny

In this day and age where top tier daws and VSTi can be obtained legally for free, I can't imagine putting the same intrensic value on them as a quality physical instrument.  

DAWs and VSTi could be unleased for free such as Bandlab has done.  The same offer is impractical for even the wealthiest individual to do with quality physical instruments.