How To Commit Audio Effects?

DallasSteve

Question

I'm working with Melodyne on a vocal audio track.  I saw the help pages in Cakewalk about converting the clips or region to a Region FX when using Melodyne and I tried that, but I was getting less satisfactory results in tuning the vocals and the interface didn't respond as well as it does in normal Melodyne.  By normal Melodyne I mean when I insert Melodyne as an Audio FX in the FX bin for the track and work with the Melodyne interface that way without ever creating a Region FX.

So my question applies to any type of Audio FX, but with special emphasis on Melodyne.  If I insert an effect into the FX bin for an audio track and I adjust the settings and I get the audio track sounding the way I want, is there a way to permanently apply that effect to the audio track and then remove the FX from the bin?  I saw another help page that talked about doing Right Click > Process Effect > Audio Effects.  Is that how to do it or is that something else?

4 answers to this question

To destructively apply effects in the track FX Rack see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=0x18206

Bounce and freeze are similar in that they both render the track.

Bounce renders the track to a new track.

Freeze renders the track in place, optionally disables plug-ins and disconnects synths when used with a synth.

Really should try and get a handling on Region FX for plug-ins that support the feature.

• Like 1