Moving plugin positions in the Synth Rack

Sven

By default when I add a new soft synth to my project it is place at the bottom of the synth rack.  I often move the soft synths around in track view to place them where they belong  in my overall mix.  After moving the tracks (audio/midi) the synth rack still shows the soft synth at the bottom where it was originally inserted.   I would like to know if I can slide it up the rack to see it in a corresponding position to the tracks in my mix?  Moving the tracks is easy but I haven't found a way to highlight a synth in the rack and change it's position.  Maybe you can't?

Thanks.

Yes that's actually a bad idea as one of the posters pointed out. Under many set ups your whole VST instrument world will be a mess. 

So the answer at this point in time is as my good friend @Bristol_Jonesey said- No you can't.  Or to elaborate, no you can't without deleting them and re inserting which may work for some, but it certainly wouldn't work for many.  

If it bugs you then do like I do.   I always stack my midi instruments in the same order and therefore I insert them in that same order. The synth rack is usually the same for me that way, 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Under many set ups your whole VST instrument world will be a mess

Agreed, if you don't know exactly what your doing, e.g. any midi tracks associated with a shifted synth have to have their outputs reassigned to the new position, similarly if it's a percussion midi track using a drum map, the map assignments have to be reassigned to reflect the position change. Regardless, shifting synths in the rack ain't something I'm inclined to do anyway, and if I really wanted too it would be done carefully...

1 hour ago, bdickens said:

If you had a rack full of hardware synthesizers, would you be shifting them around all the time? What's the difference?

There's a term for people who actually would do that but it eludes me at the moment.

I'm just a little bit that way with certain things, the synth rack is not one of them. I only open it to check on what I'm using and in some cases will use it to delete certain synths. Normally I use "replace".